- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largest publicly tradedproperty and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb providescommercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident andsupplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diversegroup of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product andservice offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financialstrength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and localoperations globally.
Chubb is currently seeking anUnderwriting Assistant to join the Global Accounts Branch within GlobalServices located in Basking Ridge, NJ.
TheUnderwriting Assistant (UA) will contribute to the achievement of the GlobalAccounts Branch goals as well as corporate goals relating to growth, profit,renewal retention, service and producer/client management. Branch isresponsible for commercial U.S. policies which are part of an overall accountmanaged on behalf of Chubb's international zones. The UA gathers and analyzesaccount-specific information (including but not limited to loss information,exposures, financials, loss control reports) and prepares risk report forreferral to the Underwriter; corresponds with both local U.S. producers andoverseas underwriters to compile necessary information; develops informationand recommendations based upon account review; determines strategy in conjunctionwith the underwriter; handles all coordination of accounts being sent to theProcessing Center and completes all rating and issuance instructions includingappropriate forms, coverages and final premium; ensures electronic fileintegrity; ensures internal and external service standards are met to achieve ahigh level of customer satisfaction. This position may be assignedrenewal-underwriting authority.
• Reviews submission information with the underwriter, researchesand provides analysis of account information, and ensures overall regulatorycompliance
• Compiles and documents risk report and underwriting strategy
• Coordinates account processing and servicing
• Coordinates the quoting, booking and issuance process with the CSRand completes the risk report for referral to the Underwriter
• Reviews, verifies and publishes all documents in the electroniccustomer file
• Researches and responds to Producer and Overseas Underwritersinquiries
• Serves as the first point of contact for internal and externalcontacts on account related matters
• Duties require the application of technical knowledge to diversesituations and action taken as a result of judgment.
• The selected candidate must have strong communication,multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrates math aptitude, knowledge of rating systems,underwriting rate/rule manuals; Proficient in on line reference manuals andfamiliar with other regulatory agencies
• Must be detail-oriented with the ability to compile, evaluate andinterpret detailed information and data
• Must have knowledge of electronic systems, underwriting principles,policy forms and the ability to recognize exposure to loss
• Ability to track assignments and follow through with others asnecessary
• Ability to independently multi-task, perform within timeconstraints and respond to changing business priorities
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong written, verbal communication skills
• Prior insurance industry experience is preferred.
Chubb offersa competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package includinglife, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disabilitycoverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuitionreimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equalemployment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertainingto it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion,and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race,color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin,disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any othercharacteristic protected by law.
Basking Ridge 07920UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Sep 22, 2016, 7:08:56 AM