Financial Lines- Executive E&O Underwriter
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Executive E&O Underwriter - Warren, NJ
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Chubb's Financial Lines division offers management liability and professional liability insurance products to companies in a broad variety of industries in the not-for-profit, privately held and public company sectors. Our unit is built upon strong underwriting expertise, market stability and capacity, exceptional claims service, financial strength and a large number of product offerings
· Understand the fundamentals of coverage, terms and conditions.
· Ability to offer coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for the Company while meeting the needs of the customer.
· Risk Assessment.
· Ability to identify risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls.
· Ability to select risk based on exposure and risk analysis.
· Ability to analyze claims and quantify losses.
· Financial proficiency.
· Understanding of financial statements and ratios used in risk analysis.
· Understanding of insurance financial fundamentals; impact of underwriting decisions on company assets.
· Ability to understand credit risk.
· Actuarial fundamentals.
· Ability to understand loss trends, loss triangles, and ratemaking.
· Ability to quantify risk based on experience history and forecasting methods.
· Marketing and Communications.
· Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company.
· Ability to make presentations and communicate articulately.
· Ability to base communications on strategic thinking.
· Ability to manage producer strategy.
· Systems and programs.
· Ability to use systems and software programs needed to conduct daily business.
Key Objective: Under limited supervision, primary responsibility is to underwrite individual risks within the Professional Liability E&O Group, including Architects & Engineers, Miscellaneous Professional, Technology E&O, Cyber Liability, etc.
Major Duties & Responsibilities: Duties may include but are not limited to:
A. Solicits new and renewal submissions from brokers
B. Determines terms and conditions and complex rating plans
C. Binds coverage
D. Documents the underwriting files
E. Handles more complex files and portfolios within underwriting authority
F. Guides and mentors junior staff
a. 3-6 years underwriting experience
b. Experience underwriting multiple lines of insurance
c. Bachelor's degree
a. Knowledge of insurance industry
b. Knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
c. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
d. Internet usage
e. Oral and written communication skills
f. Negotiation skills
g. Marketing skills
h. Basic leadership skills
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://www.new.chubb.com. Please direct any questions regarding this opportunity to (Enter Recruiter Email here)
Chubb Warren-15 Mountain View
Basking Ridge 07059UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Aug 4, 2016, 7:52:02 AM