Corporate Venture Capital Lead
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
Job Family Summary
Allstate Strategic Ventures is responsible for corporate venturing activities that deliver both strategic and financial value through minority investments, business partnerships, and other strategic relationships. The focus of the group is to accelerate Allstate's business strategies and create new business opportunities by accessing emerging markets, capabilities, products/services, and talent.
Internally, the team works with leaders across the business to identify key investment focus areas and priorities to focus investment and business development efforts as well as coordinate the interaction between Allstate and investment portfolio companies.
Externally, the team works with venture capital firms, incubators/accelerators, universities, entrepreneurs, and other third parties to identify technologies, capabilities, companies, and management teams that help us to strategically grow and transform our business.
This role will be an integral part of the Strategic Ventures team helping with sourcing, evaluating, performing due diligence, structuring, negotiating and managing investment opportunities globally. The Associate will be expected to demonstrate strong leadership and management skills and act as a mentor to junior resources. Candidate will have an opportunity to work closely with the senior management team in identifying and executing strategic transactions that will advance Allstate's position as a leader in the U.S. P&C space.
- Leads screening processes to vet deals through strategic, financial and investment value considerations and provide recommendations
- Manages in-depth company and market assessments and due diligence that would cover a review of the target company's management team, company financials, proposal's market potential, company governance and structure, etc.
- Oversees building comprehensive financial models for individual start-ups as well as venture capital portfolio as a whole
- Structures and oversees development of comprehensive Investment Memoranda and Presentations for the Investment Committee
- Actively contributes in developing SV's strategic plan and direction
- Provides leadership and critical input at every stage of the process when working closely with the internal business units
- Proactively provides timely information on company related issues to senior leadership
- Develops, manages and grows strong and wide networks within the VC community, accelerators, universities and research centers in North America and Europe
- Sources quality deals through networking and build a robust deal flow pipeline
- Provide advice and guidance to portfolio companies by adding value on a continual basis and ensuring start-ups are well positioned to succeed
- Actively tracks and provides updates on performance of portfolio companies to senior management
- Develops exit recommendations for Investment Committee review
- Provides guidance and leadership to junior resources
- Bachelor's Degree from a reputable university with a strong academic track record
- Preferred candidates will have 3 to 6 years of experience in venture capital/private equity investing, investment banking, or top tier management consulting where PE/VC or Corporate Finance were a focus
- Insurance sector experience is not required although considered a plus
- Familiarity with the start-up environment
- Team first attitude and a commitment to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Possess critical thinking skills and keen focus on details
- Demonstrable experience in performing qualitative and quantitative analysis in tight timeframes and simultaneously juggling multiple workstreams
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be ethical and honest, possess high integrity and be trustworthy
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.