IT Infrastructure Project Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Project Manager is accountable for leading all aspects of a moderately complex project. Capable of independent leadership, providing all aspects of project management on moderately complex projects that have a moderate level of risk, organizational span, business complexity, team size, and interdependencies.
- Directs strategic initiatives or DCIO level project/programs of moderate complexity and impact
- Manages total concurrent projects summing between 4,000- 8,000 hours but may be more or less based on other complexity factors
- Leads problem resolution from identification through resolution. Engages appropriate resources to resolve problems and identifies contingency plans and alternative solutions as needed
- Leverages organizational dynamics to influence outcomes through portraying confidence, leadership and communication skills.
- Customizes solutions for issues typically involving DCIO/IS
- Drives achievement of projects/program success factors
- Represents the projects/program and its objectives in all governance/compliance/regulatory and gating forums
- Drives project execution. Provide direction and oversight throughout project lifecycle to project team to meet applicable business requirements
- Engages appropriate stakeholders in risk identification and mitigation
- Assess and reports health of all projects in an objective manner, maintaining project transparency and accurate status; keeping manager, delivery area and portfolio manager informed
- Proactively identifies, resolves, and escalates (as needed) projects/program risks/issues to manager, portfolio manager and delivery area as needed
- Maintains resource allocation throughout the project
- Acts as an internal advocate for the project
- Identifies, coordinates, and communicates project dependency impact
- Coordinates, documents, and communicates project plans and requirements
- Provides feedback on team member competencies
- Accountable for understanding business objectives and how the projects/program delivers them; driving adjustments in projects/program to more effectively achieve desired business results
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes both inside and outside the projects/program
- Ability to predict risk areas, design mitigation/contingency strategies and execute on these strategies to avoid issues
- Ability to lead across a wide variety of project types
- Education: College degree
- Experience: 2-4 years of related experience
- PMP Certification (Preferred but not required)
- Demonstrate track record in delivering moderately complex projects and/or programs with a strong focus on execution
- Good written/verbal communication and facilitation skills for communicating at all levels; including strong presentation skills
- Demonstrate strong skills in team leadership and conflict management
- Good consultative, customer focus skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.