SOX Project Manager - Enterprise Audit Services
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary:
Allstate IA serves Allstate and its stakeholders by providing objective, independent assurance to the organization. Our mission is to help the organization meet it's strategic, financial, operational and compliance objectives. Our internal audit teams apply their knowledge, insights and objectivity to help the organization mitigate risk by evaluating the design and effectiveness of controls embedded in strategy, governance, operations and risk management processes.
This role will oversee a team that supports the development and deployment of a new tool to support Allstate's Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Program and convert existing SOX information from the previous tool to the new solution. This individual will have the responsibility to manage and oversee Allstate Internal Audit's (Allstate IA) SOX governance and assessment responsibilities.
- The SOX Project Manager is responsible for:
- Leads and manages the SOX tool replacement project, working with technology resources and SOX program leaders
- Develops and oversees project communications to project team, project sponsors, Steering Committee, and SOX community including mirror certifiers
- Influences SOX community to support and implement any SOX process changes needed to implement the new tool
- Manages and oversees the delivery of training on the new SOX tool to all users. Develops an ongoing training program to onboard new SOX resources
- Serves as a subject matter expert on SOX control design, operational effectiveness and assessment activities
- Manages Allstate IA's SOX governance responsibilities. In collaboration with Corporate Controllers and business area SOX coordinators, ensure Allstate's SOX Compliance Program enable the company's ongoing compliance with SOX requirements.
- Oversight and delivery of certain enterprise-level SOX assessments performed by Allstate IA.
- Oversight and management of the technology support teams to ensure ongoing availability of the current SOX tool during the transition to the new solution
- Advanced leadership, project management, and time management skills
- Experience with risk and compliance monitoring tools, such as Archer GRC, is strongly preferred
- Proven highly advanced influencing and communication skills to advance strategies throughout all levels of an organization
- Highly advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
- Advanced knowledge of financial reporting risk and risk assessment methodologies, including complex control design
- Highly advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Highly advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Highly advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Provides highly advanced individual decision-making. Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Bachelor's degree and advanced training in related field preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.