Field Property Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Experienced Field Property Adjuster in the Columbia, MD area.
Advance your career and make a difference in people's lives!
Our customers need us the most when homeowners have damage due to fire, wind, water, or after a catastrophe strikes! As an Allstate Field Property Adjuster, you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise. After a property claim is reportedyou will be dispatched straight to the scene to investigate the incident and assess the damage. You will meet with customers in person to reassure them that they will be well taken care of, and help guide them through the settlement process. You will be measured on your ability to provide accurate assessments and negotiate fair and efficient claims resolutions while managing costs. Your success will be rewarded with our Total Rewards package which includes base pay, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Flexibility to travel.
- Physical ability to climb up a ladder and on rooftops to inspect storm damage.
- Investigate, evaluate, and negotiate property claims in order to reach a fair and equitable settlement. - Xactimate experience a plus
- Act as a customer advocate by establishing and maintaining a strong personal rapport with our customers.
- Provide support to local Allstate offices to expedite the claims process.
- Follow established procedures to ensure a positive customer experience and satisfy defined business objectives.
- Achieve cost management objectives through expert execution and compliance processes.
Begin a challenging and rewarding career in claims!
This is your chance to use your compassion and intellect to help make a meaningful difference in people's lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry, managing a vast amount of wealth across the nation. It is highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will be exposed to a variety of specialized industries, including legal, medical and construction, as well as advanced computer and IT systems. In the process, you will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
Start your career in a stable industry that offers nationwide opportunities for advancement. Becoming an Allstate Field Property Claims Adjuster is just the beginning!
Please note that this highly demanding field service position will require you to travel within the territory as much as 75% of your working time, with occasional overnight travel. As a result, you must be willing to work some weekend and extended hours if necessary. In addition, you must be able to carry and set up a 50lb. ladder, and climb up and down it many times in a day.
Company car may be available in this position.
- HS Diploma/GED plus a minimum of 3 years of property estimating experience
- Prior use of Xactimate or any other estimating programs is a plus
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and seek training necessary to excel
- Ability to apply classroom concepts in a real-world working environment
- Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Proven record for maintaining the highest level of personal and professional integrity
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.