Business Unit Data Analyst II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
This Business Unit Data Analyst II is responsible for analysis, design, and development of technical data solutions for moderate risk and moderate to highly complex projects to meet the needs of the Operations, Client Management, Sales, Actuarial, and Accounting departments.This position is responsible for data mapping, design, development and testing of conversion and transfer / load programs for VPS contractual and financial. The successful candidate must possess an in-depth understanding of ETL development tools.
- Develop packages required to transform and load business data from client files.
- Translate business and data requirements into Operational Data Structures for reusability and standardization.
- Perform regularly scheduled tasks such as analyze data feeds, perform mapping and calculations for target location, prepare reports, review data validations to ensure data quality and integrity of financial data. Document data mapping, calculations and configuration requirements for each client. (40%)
- Perform data processing activities that require minimal direction to correct, maintain, enhance, and implement effective and efficient programs to meet customer and business requirements. Perform "predictive analytics" to analyze historical data to infer future data characteristics. (35%)
- Interact with appropriate business customers to create technical specifications for data projects that satisfy customer requirements and represent the most efficient and effective solution. (15%)
- Investigate and resolve production problems arising from development, system, or design errors. (5%)
- Provide timely and accurate reports requested of the business stakeholders. (5%)
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 5-year experience in analysis, design, and/or programming within a large-scale environment, and actuarial or analytical experience.
- Experience in two or more computer programming languages/tools (SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Power BI).
- Experience in the implementation of the interface/back-end system configuration initiatives
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Power BI
- Understanding of IT integration points, configuration and data conversion principles.
- Understanding of IT architecture and rule integration.
- Ability to analyze data feeds, perform mapping and calculations for target location.
- Knowledge of business data elements and their interaction in two or more business areas.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively communicate technical information to all levels of internal and external personnel.
- Ability to work within tight time constraints on low to moderate risk, low to moderately complex projects.
- Ability to collect, organize and process complex data and information from multiple sources, verify its accuracy, and effectively develop alternatives and logical relationships.
- Ability to plan daily work activities in effective way to maintain a high level of personal productivity.
- Ability to think conceptually with a focus on impacts and outcomes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding ability to quickly provide sound decisions and recommendations with less than complete information.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis on Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Knowledge of VSC processes (actuarial, financial, reporting, claims, etc.)