Streetlinks Valuations Leader
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Assurant Global Home is a leading provider of insurance and risk management services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, property and personal coverage such as renters and flood insurance, and property preservation and valuation services. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Global Home serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Global Home is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance and risk management products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The key businesses segments, Home, Lifestyle, Specialty and Preened, partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Leads Mortgage Solutions' Valuations business, with a growing P&L with over 400 employees. Oversees all business, financial and people aspects of the business including sales, marketing, contracting, client relationships, product management, product development, customer service and operations by performing the duties summarized below personally, through subordinates or in partnership with functional leaders. Carries out leadership responsibilities to ensure the achievement of annual and long-term strategic goals.
- Establishes current and long range goals, objectives, operating and financial plans and policies for the Valuations business to drive significant profitable growth. P&L management of the business, including development of short and long-term revenue and profit goals. Development of an annual detailed business plan with emphasis on product development, marketing strategies, revenue/profit growth and cost.
- Provides leadership to ensure daily operations runs smoothly and meet or exceed client needs. Promotes collaboration across Mortgage Solutions and Assurant, Inc., to facilitate achievement of goals and objectives.
- In partnership with functional leaders, directs the development and execution of sales and marketing strategies and processes. Participates in sales calls as needed. Leads, approves and executes client contracting and negotiations. Oversees review of all active clients and situation/opportunity analysis to enable profitable growth.
- Guides new product development and enhancement of existing products and services. This includes collaborating with the Mortgage Solutions Product Development leader in setting competitive strategic plans for product development with emphasis on proper product features, benefits and price positioning to meet or exceed client needs.
- Develops, secures approval of, and guides Valuations team in development & administration of an operating budget for area(s) of responsibility and attainment of agreed upon goals in accordance with approved plans. Administers or delegates the administration of budgets and approving expenditures.
- Directs Operations and Customer Service Units with focus on service enhancements and reduction of expenses through process improvements. Leads development of goals, benchmarks and milestones that enable customer retention, inbound product sales and highly responsive customer service support.
- Builds leadership team and capabilities to ensure achievement of short- and long-term goals and sustained high employee engagement. Establishes standards for effective job performance and evaluates subordinates according to such standards. Delegates these responsibilities to subordinate personnel as appropriate.
Qualifications - Basic requirements:
- 10 years' experience in financial services and/or insurance services.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in business.
- 7 years' experience and a demonstrated track record of successful leading.
- Prior mortgage services experience.
- MBA preferred.
- High growth and technology enabled businesses / P&L's; preferably within the mortgage services industry
- a seasoned leadership team
- growing product lines / businesses that are geographically dispersed
- Strong P&L execution skills; ability to consistently deliver results.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the various product lines and capabilities including insurance, operations, IT systems, claims and billing, as well as a good understanding of mortgage originations and servicing operations.
- Prior experience managing offshore resources and vendors.
- A strong Sales and Marketing focus and background.
- The ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of management including Senior Executives both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate favorable deals with prospects, clients and internal management.
- Strong strategic, analytical and financial capabilities.
- Ability to travel frequently dependent on demands of the business.