- Career Level
- Not Specified
Supports sales, product lines, actuarial and modeling departments within the Personal Lines Division. Responsible for data management and reporting activities that track and support accomplishing goals and objectives consistent with State Auto's mission, vision and values.
1.Responsible for the business design and implementation effort for assigned data mart and methods to access the data in the data marts.
2. Maintain the core data warehouse by understanding data and analytics needs of the area in which the position supports
3. Run and build reports as necessary to support business unit.
4. Track and monitor business unit goals and profitability through use of data.
Minimum Experience / Education:
Bachelors degree in a quantitative or information systems field, and/or equivalent experience. 3-5 years experience in data science, data mapping, integration, database design and analytical reporting required.
- Advanced SQL skills required. Demonstrated ability and interest in continuously learning data and analytical software is critical. SAS skills preferred. Experience with C#, Java, R, and/or Python is a plus.
- Experience with data visualization techniques and user data access tools such as Tableau and Qlikview is a plus.
- Strong data, analytical, problem solving, critical thinking skills, and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic, able to work independently and as part of a team. Strong business collaboration skills, responsiveness to service needs and operational demands required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Insurance industry experience preferred but not essential.
State Auto offers a competitive salary, an annual bonus program, an excellent benefit program including medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance coverage, life insurance, matching 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, and a stock purchase plan.
State Auto is committed to the principal of equal employment opportunity for all associates and applicants and to providing associates with a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions (hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and work assignments) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. State Auto will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
State Auto is a smoke-free work environment. We utilize drug screening and background checks as conditions of employment. For all exempt positions we also obtain motor vehicle reports (MVR s).
State Auto will not accept candidates from third-party recruiters without a signed agreement with State Auto.