Claims Specialist or Senior Claims Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
ProAssurance is seeking Claims Specialist or Senior Claims Specialist in our Greenwood, Indiana; Columbus, Ohio; Las Vegas, Nevada; and Madison, Wisconsin offices.
In this position, you will manage assigned claims including claims investigation, coverage analysis, monitoring defense counsel activities, control of legal expenses, reserving, and providing technical expertise.
As our Claims Specialist, you will:
- Provide direction and guidance throughout the life of the claim.
- Participate in review processes to evaluate liability, case value, and reserving functions.
- Direct defense counsel with regard to settlement values, defense tactics and strategies.
- Participate in negotiations when appropriate.
- Attend trials, settlement conferences, mediations, and insured meetings.
- Participate in selection of expert witnesses when appropriate.
- Ensure proper file documentation of assigned files.
- Willingness and ability to be available beyond normal business hours; extensive travel may be required.
- Bachelor degree required. Advanced degree/certification in the medical/legal/insurance field a plus
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in the claims, medical, or legal field.
- Professional liability insurance experience also preferred.
- Proven leadership, communication, and writing skills, strong interpersonal, and relationship management expertise.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Valid driver's license required.
Ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of medicine, medical terms and procedures. If you've worked in Claims or Risk Management in healthcare and are looking for a change - consider this position!
Apply for Claims Specialist or Senior Claims Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly