Indiana Farm Bureau has a great opportunity for a seasoned Technical Lead, Software Development. This position is responsible for the managing the overall architecture and design of enterprise application systems supporting our life insurance business. You will work work closely with other teams to ensure consistency with enterprise and data architecture frameworks. You will also evaluate Indiana Farm Bureau Life Insurance's overall architecture and provide technical leadership and mentoring for development teams.
We are looking for someone can:
- Ensure an application's design aligns and leverages the company's technical environment including legacy applications to maximize operational performance and business value.
- Maintains an advanced level of development standards, methodology, frameworks across different technology platforms. Keeps up to date with industry best practices and trends.
- Provides guidance to development teams. Mentors and coaches developers on specific industry best practices.
- Helps establish IFBI standards and procedures and ensures adherence to such standards.
- Analyze and review software application decisions within the Life division.
- Completes maintenance and troubleshooting functions on assigned systems. Investigates requested maintenance activity to determine feasibility and impact on existing systems.
- Does general and detailed system design.
- Develop methods of cost control or reduction in order to contribute to the profitability of the Company.
- A Bachelors' degree in Computer Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Eight years of relevant IT experience with at least 4 years experience in application
- Experience and expertise in: System Architecture, Java Development, J2EE, Design
Patterns and OO Design using UML
- Demostrated experience mentoring other developers
- Must have experience with Apache, Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, RDBMS (SQL Server, DB2)
- Proven experience demonstrating critial thinking skills in fast paced environment
- Experience with Life Insurance industry or e-commerce applications are a plus
At Indiana Farm Bureau we offer excellent work/life balance, an onsite 24/7 fitness center and cafe. We provide awesome benefits and a great opportunity to work with an organization that is a huge advocate for giving back to our community. Come and see what we're about!!
Employer: Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Job Reference: 16-0135.2
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Salary: Not Specified