Engle Martin is a leading national independent loss adjusting and claims management provider. We provide a comprehensive line of service offerings including commercial property, casualty, inland marine/cargo, heavy equipment and large loss adjusting, as well as TPA/claims management and subrogation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and an environment where teamwork, ongoing professional development, continuous improvement, and exceptional service are valued and rewarded.
We currently have an outstanding career opportunity for a Biller. The Biller within the Claims Support Group exists to help optimize the organization's revenue for services rendered. The incumbent relies on a thorough familiarity of the customers' expectations and requirements, effective interactions with Engle Martin's Accounting team, and an understanding of the field adjusters' role to facilitate sound billing processes for designated clients.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of each client's billing requirements regarding verbiage, rates, overhead, and set-up fees to affect thorough, accurate and timely billing.
- Reviews proformas for special client billing.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with representatives of each of the designated client organizations to meet or exceed service expectations and engage in productive negotiations.
- Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with designated members of the EMA Accounting department to assure the issuance of accurate, timely, and comprehensive invoices.
- Submits invoices electronically via the appropriate data exchange method and format. Reviews and appeals possible deductions to previously submitted invoices; reviews outstanding balances for previously paid invoices with outstanding balances; processes outstanding balances for write off approval.
- Processes historic invoices on EMA database.
- Participates actively in any invoice appeal processes, conducting research as necessary and communicating rationale for invoice amounts. Keep stakeholders aware of appeals status and provides appeal and loss run updates on a monthly or as-needed basis.
- Completes account write-offs in accordance with established policies and procedures and within limits ascribed to position.
- Identifies and communicates needs for education and training for field adjusters to supervisor promote improved billing outcomes. Participate in providing ad hoc instruction to field staff related to billing procedures and AR management.
- Provides back-up support for CAT responses.
- Provides back-up for adjuster licensing tasks.
Skills in Microsoft Office Suite (including, but not necessarily limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook); keyboarding skills (including speed and accuracy); sound written and oral business communication skills, including formatting and preparation of letters, and reports and the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate concepts and findings related to appeals; basic mathematical skills and fundamental accounting skills (post-high school coursework in business and accounting desirable); ability to extract data for analysis and reporting purposes; diplomacy; skills in developing and maintaining strong professional relationships; fine and gross motor skills, as well as mental requirements, to operate of standard office equipment, including personal computer, multi-line office telephone system and wireless communication and computing devices, photocopiers and scanning devices and other routine equipment; time management, prioritization, and organizing skills; excellent interpersonal, customer service, and problem-solving skills; demonstrates teamwork, compassion, and respect toward others in keeping with the EM Way, as well as integrity, accountability, adherence to standards of ethical behavior and professional conduct; open and honest communication, and a commitment to continuous improvement and professional development.
THE ENGLE MARTIN WAY: TOGETHER, IMPACTING LIVES AND SERVING WITH PASSION.
Engle Martin & Associates is dedicated to providing a culture of care, compassion, and respect among its employees, clients, and business partners. We recognize and celebrate the value of our employees’ contributions through initiatives such as the peer-nominated EMpact award and development of The EM Way. We also believe that it is critical to invest in the personal and professional development of our employees; therefore, we provide training opportunities through Engle Martin University, encourage industry association involvement, and support professional designations and certifications. Additionally, Engle Martin is committed to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures through activities such as Kaizen events featuring cross-functional team representatives.
Engle Martin recognizes, too, that it’s our responsibility to be a good corporate citizen, not only inside our organization but also within the community. Our company applauds community outreach across the country through our local EMbrace teams and promotes giving back to our communities through corporate charitable donation and employee donation match programs.