Underwriter / Financial Analyst – Medical Insurance
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Company Description: Paul Global Benefits (PGB) is a premier employee benefits consulting organization that is focused on both US based corporations and global corporations. We predominately manage employee benefits for employers. The benefits that we focus on include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Long-term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Voluntary benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We currently have an opening for a Financial Analyst / Underwriter within our team. The primary responsibilities of this role will be financial review of insurance terms, conditions and market competitiveness. The role also includes the preparation of all Requests for Proposals from the marketplace as well as renewal evaluations for assigned clients. The role will report to the Assistant Vice President Underwriting and predominately focus on client management support and new business financial evaluations.
The position will require the following tasks:
- Proactive utilization monitoring and review for assigned cases
- Create monthly financial reporting packages including detailed premium, claims, membership, commission, and cash reconciliation information
- Assist in creating weekly, monthly and quarterly financial statements and projections
- Assist in quarterly presentation to clients on financial performance of insurance programs
- New Business Financial Evaluations as needed by sales team
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate complex financial concepts into customer friendly format.
- Strong understanding of Excel and PowerPoint are required
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Actuarial Science, Math, Marketing or Insurance preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in financial analysis, employee benefits experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use prudent judgment and discretion in handling confidential client information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Power Point and Excel
Job Location: Syosset, NY
Job Title: Underwriter
Benefits after grace period: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/LTD/401K
Apply for Underwriter / Financial Analyst – Medical Insurance
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly