- Career Level
- Entry Level
Physicians Insurance A Mutual Company provides traditional, first-dollar medical professional liability insurance, medical stop loss, provider excess, and reinsurance coverage to more than 7,500 physicians, practices, corporations, and hospitals in Washington, Idaho, Oregon, and Wyoming. Through its subsidiaries, the company also provides alternative risk financing vehicles and captive management with corresponding risk-management consulting, continuing medical education, and claims administration services.
Founded in 1981, Physicians Insurance has grown to be the largest locally-based insurer of physicians in its region, and is rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company. Physicians Insurance maintains corporate headquarters in Seattle, with regional and subsidiary offices in Spokane, WA, Portland, OR, Milton, VT, and Orlando, FL. We are proud to have a long history of excellent operating results and a commitment to our policyholders, our employees, and the communities we serve. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Underwriter.
We are looking for a professional who enjoys problem analysis and providing excellent service to our insureds.
- Coordinates and performs technical underwriting tasks, which includes approving and declining applications, loss analysis, and application research
- Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating rules manual
- Supports the Underwriting Department management programs and policies
- Participates in projects and client visits as necessary
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Requirements / Qualifications:
- A 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of related work experience in professional underwriting experience in general liability, workers compensation, or commercial; medical professional liability, Directors and Officers Liability and Employment Practices Liability Insurance experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of underwriting principles and insurance policies
- Excellent planning and organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and attention to detail skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong commitment to customer service, quality, and working in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated technical ability to work with Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift or move up to 40 pounds
At Physicians Insurance, you’ll find an exceptional work environment, an impressive benefits package, and the opportunity to work for an industry leader whose programs have a positive impact on the practice of medicine and patient safety. Some of the benefits offered at Physicians Insurance include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) including 10 paid holidays and 3 floating holidays
- Robust retirement company contributions into 401(k) Retirement Investment Plan and a Money Purchase Plan.
- Transportation subsidy
- Education and course reimbursement
- Life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment coverage, and long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
To apply for this position, submit your resume by clicking apply.
Apply for Underwriter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly