Software Quality Assurance Analyst I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Reviews software requirements to identify defects as early as possible in the software development lifecycle and ensure these are sufficiently testable for later project phases. Develops and executes test plans from requirements; decides which tests are suitable for automation vs. manual execution. Implements quality assurance standards and guidelines within organization to achieve consistent and appropriate test coverage. Tracks quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect metrics. Uses knowledge of quality assurance methodologies to improve quality. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Identifies and reviews requirements and ensure these are testable / suitable for validation and verification.
- Collects and analyzes test data for validity of results, accuracy and reliability.
- Assists with creation of test procedures / cases to validate scalability requirements.
- Designs test plan, test cases, and test data associated with application functionality; responsible for reviewing materials produced within the business requirements team.
- Ensure consistency of test cases, scripts, methodologies across Corporate Systems and the business units.
- Develop and execute integration, system, regression and performance test scripts.
- Reviews software documentation and releases materials for quality and consistency.
- Tracks software defect reports and enhancement requests using the company's tracking software and prepares status reports as needed.
- Writes documentation to describe program or application evaluation and proposed correction.
- Fulfills administrative reporting requirements.
- Regular predictable attendance as employee has to physically be in the office.
- This list of essential functions is non-exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Shares testing techniques with other team members and application developers.
- Evaluates and recommends vendor testing software and tools where needed.
- Assists with in-house training classes.
- Conducts compatibility tests with vendor-provided applications.
- Evaluates proposed software or software enhancement for feasibility.
- Physical demands: Normal vision/hearing (with or without correction); Sitting; Stress of working overtime as required.
- Mental demands: Prolonged concentration; Analytical reasoning; Stress of meeting deadlines.
- Environmental factors: Standard office lighting, temperature, and noise.
- Equipment: Personal computer.
Bachelor's degree required.
Knowledge of software development life cycle and quality assurance standards.
Minimum three (3) years of testing lifecycle experience including both java and mainframe environments.
Demonstrated skills working with QA Test Tools (HP Quality Center / QuickTest Professional a plus).
Expected to possess or take formal training which would advance technical QA knowledge; Quality Center v9.0 or v10.0; pursuit of ISTQB Foundation Certification; QTP (scripting).
Above average communication skills – verbal, written, and listening.
Demonstrated skills necessary to understand multiple new/or complex complete systems.
Consistently demonstrates excellent people and negotiation skills.
Consistently demonstrates positive and supportive work attitude.
Demonstrates organizational and leadership skills.
Demonstrates ability to meet target dates established with others.
Optimal training/work experience: Successful completion of IIA general insurance certificate or equivalent CPCU course plus an additional CPCU course and/or continuing education in another area is desired.