- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Associate Accountant you will perform accounting duties to provide accurate and timely financial information, enable senior and product line management to make appropriate business decisions, and achieve departmental goals.
This is an entry-level position with an opportunity to grow with the organization. We don't expect our Associate Accountants to know everything there is to know about accounting, but we look for leadership, strong communication and multitasking abilities that will do well to advance their career with Assurant.
- Complete accounting assignments on time and accurately
- Assist in monitoring key performance indicators and report to supervisors as needed
- Continue to learn and develop accounting and account management skills through the adoption and utilization of new technology platforms as necessary.
- Operate day to day with best practice solutions, including developing and maintaining proper process documentation
- Foster and manage open oral and written communication channels between internal segments, stakeholders and clients
- Administer customer service requests for internal and external customers via phone, email and other correspondence
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or two years of accounting experience
- Good analytical, organizational and research skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in A/R
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Solid accounting skills
- Must be able to utilize technology to enhance efficiencies
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Customer Service skills