Broadbased Compensation Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Broadbased Compensation Manager is responsible for managing core compensation business processes, leading enterprise compensation projects, consulting with HR partners and other business leaders, delivering compensation solutions to solve business issues, and leading, motivating and developing a team of compensation professionals.
The individual will lead aspects of compensation policies and practices including job evaluation, market pricing, competitive analysis, compliance, planning and project management. In addition, the individual will lead implementation, management and development of innovative solutions that support business unit strategies and design by applying thought leadership and subject matter expertise. This includes managing projects that may include (but are not limited to) compensation structure design, change management, communication, incentive program design, competitive analysis and other AOR-specific initiatives. The individual will lead compensation technology business processes and projects. The individual will lead enterprise recognition strategy and programs. The individual will provide leadership to professional staff and is accountable for the performance and results of the team and related work streams.
Partner with HR partners and internal client groups to enable an effective employee value proposition through on-going consultation, compensation education and change management, and delivering compensation analysis and business solutions. Develop and cultivate knowledge of applicable business strategies, objectives, and workforce data. Core areas of consultation include:
- Job evaluation
- Benchmarking / market pricing
- Competitive analysis
- Compensation planning reporting and analytics
- Respond to internal inquiries on compensation practices and policies.
- Actively participate in business transformation initiatives with clients.
Compensation Business Process and Project Management
- Manage and deliver compensation business processes.
- Accountable for successful implementation of all work stream projects necessary to implement strategy.
- Ensure project resources and budgets are managed effectively.
- Implement and lead change effectively; collaborate and lead others in key business and/or functional initiatives
- Responsible for design, continuous improvement and maintenance of compensation technology
Planning and Design
- Assist in establishing strategic priorities and direction for compensation team and contribute to the development of HR strategy; ensure understanding of the employee value proposition, HR strategy and overall business unit strategies.
- Responsible for the design of compensation practices/policies that are cost effective, competitive and enable the employee value proposition.
- Analyze and interpret compensation trends to assess and review current compensation practices and to inform strategy.
Manage/Lead a Team
- Manage operational effectiveness for applicable areas of the Compensation team.
- Adapt plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges;
- Set performance expectations for team.
- Lead, motivate, and develop team.
- Build strong partnerships across the company.
- Leverage leadership principles to foster an effective work environment
- Remove barriers impacting team effectiveness.
- Advanced leadership and people management skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced project management skills
- Advanced understanding of HR strategies, policies, and operating model
- Advanced consulting skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic, creative thinker
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Technical experience in compensation, finance or accounting
- 7-10 years of equivalent experience
- Compensation discipline familiarity preferred
- 3+ years of managing professional staff preferred
- Familiarity with HR SAP software preferred
- Familiarity with HR Success Factors technology preferred
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting or related area required. MBA preferred.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.