- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Senior Marketing Consultant is a unique opportunity for a junior marketer who is proven, driven, an out-of-the-box thinker and wants more responsibility in driving a wide variety of impactful activities. This role will report to the ABI Marketing Manager – Agency Marketing and will work closely with not only the ABI Business Development team, but they will also collaborate with and have exposure to the sales organization, product, agency support, regional teams and other AORs across the enterprise. This person is responsible for assisting, supporting, executing, and – in some cases – developing marketing and sales support marketing strategies and campaigns for Allstate's commercial product. This candidate will work closely with the ABI Marketing Manager to create programs that are relevant to both agents and small business owners demonstrating the value of Allstate commercial solutions.
This position is creative, project-based and customer-focused. To be successful, the candidate must be creative, has strong project management skills to manage multiple projects/timelines simultaneously, is self-motivated and flexible, is highly productive, has experience managing content, is detail-oriented with meticulous follow-through and has a strong work ethic. This individual is a creative thinker who loves to “dig in” and propose creative solutions to business issues and make them a reality. This high-energy candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding and changing environment. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure and broaden both corporate and marketing acumen for long-term career growth.
- Partner with the Marketing Manager to develop and manage marketing tactics that generate leads, acquire new target customers, generate cross-line sales and improve retention.
- Design and prepare marketing materials as assigned including versioning, formatting and updating as appropriate.
- Assist with concept development, writing and layout design of marketing materials such as customer-facing collateral (brochures, postcards, emails), agency facing sales support content (one pagers, incentive pieces and segmentation guides), local advertising support and employee awareness initiatives.
- Manage updates and versioning of content across multiple platforms/communications vehicles with heavy emphasis on proofreading and attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Identify, recommend and implement process/workflow solutions with the ability to troubleshoot and escalate issues as necessary.
Field Marketing Support
- Partner with Marketing Manager to build and deliver segmented marketing content to support agents
- Assist the Marketing Manager on assessing Commercial Business Consultant requests to determine which should be developed based on business priorities and broad-appeal. In some cases, lead the process to deliver the solutions.
- Work with Marketing Manager to partner with Regional Marketing and Commercial Business Consultants to create local marketing programming/tests for agents to demonstrate their expertise and value as a small business trusted advisor.
- Manage assigned projects and mini-programs from end-to-end, including oversight, tracking of budget and escalating issues as necessary.
- Provide regular reporting on project activities, progress against timeline and budget.
- Recommend enhancements and best practices in an effort to improve overall project quality.
- Proficiency and experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a must – Illustrator, Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience; prior insurance industry experience preferred
- Advanced and creative problem solving skills with a strong track record of prioritizing work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Capacity to manage and balance multiple projects simultaneously using strong project and time management skill sets
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Team player mindset with the willingness to pick up ad-hoc projects to support business needs is a must
- Intermediate decision making and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills (written/verbal)
- Experience with digital/website development including Dreamweaver and/or other website design software applications would be an asset
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.