Manager - Security Vulnerability Management
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is seeking a talented and highly-motivated individual to serve as our Manager of Vulnerability Management. Primary responsibilities in this role will be to manage the day-to-day scanning, risk assessment, and remediation activities of vulnerabilities across our production, corporate and cloud environments in order to stay ahead of today's Threat Actors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage a team that performs technical security assessments of applications & infrastructure, as well as secure design & configuration.
• Hands-on leadership position with technical and non-technical internal partners.
• Design and drive strategy and tactical plans toward holistic vulnerability management across multiple technology teams in a large complex organization.
• Expert level familiarity with enterprise vulnerability management tools, such as Qualys and RSA VRM.
• Ensure effective and complete scanning of the corporate and production environments
• Ensure the successful completion and recording of scanning activities as required by audit and regulatory authorities.
• Manage the consolidation of large sets of data specific to vulnerabilities to apply accurate risk ranking and prioritization.
• Ensure the accurate and timely release of vulnerability metrics.
• Research and investigate new and emerging vulnerabilities, to include Zero Day events, assess against risk to the corporate and production environments, and participate in external security communities.
• Strong leadership and teambuilding skills.Expert level familiarity with enterprise vulnerability management tools, such as Qualys and RSA VRM.
• Strong experience in vulnerability management services for complex applications, COTS software, network systems, operating systems, databases, and storage solutions.
• Working knowledge of ITIL change management / patch management.
• Experience with system hardening and secure configuration frameworks.
• Strong desire to work on the front line of Security.
• Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
• Highly skilled and/or educated in the area of Information Security.
• Able to multi-task, prioritize, and resolve multiple inquiries at once.
• Creative thinking and troubleshooting.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
• Requires a minimum of a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Administration, or its equivalent in work related experience.
• Previous supervisory experience of Information Technology professionals is preferred.
• Ability to work in a collaborative manner with technical and non-technical personnel.
• Must possess a high degree of integrity and trust, along with the ability to work independently.
• Requires good interpersonal skills, ability to function in a fast paced, short-deadline environment, and the ability to come up with innovative cost-effective decisions.
• Ability to manage multiple issues and projects at the same time.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization's workforce, while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
• Ability to weigh business risks and enforce appropriate information security measures.
• Must possess the ability to obtain full support and cooperation from upper management and the executive level of the organization.
• Possess excellent writing and communication skills to effectively develop policies, and procedures, reports and documentation.
This position could be located in Tempe, AZ or Northbrook, IL.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.