Claims Adjuster Supervisor
- Career Level
- Not Specified
American Access Casualty Company (AACC) is a fast-growing, highly successful private passenger automobile insurance company located in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our mission is to be "driven to do the right thing at every turn." To deliver on that mission and continue our growth, we are looking for highly-motivated employees that can grow with us. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and talented Claims Supervisor to join our current team.
- Be able to teach and mentor direct reports to increase their knowledge to handle complex liability claims
- Deliver a customer-focused claims experience through proactive correspondence while maintaining a unit.
- Conduct thorough investigation to arrive at a fair settlement, including interviews with claimants and witnesses, consultation with police, review of hospital records, and inspecting vehicle damage.
- Continuous education regarding the automobile insurance laws in all states that we write in
- Oversee multi line unit and have the ability to handle multiple state and review complex liability claims.
- Manage by Processes and Procedures. Effectively lead a team that adheres to all processes and procedures that has been established by management.
- Ability to hold a team accountable for all standards that have been established by management.
- Be able to analyze data and streamline it into Company workflows which improves processes and promotes quality.
- Ability to lead a unit that embraces teamwork, exhibits inspiration to others and motivates them to achieve standards and supports Company values.
- Ability to show judgment and professionalism in all situations that arise.
- A minimum of 6 years of automobile claims liability experience
- Prior supervisory experience preferred but not required
- Strong negotiation and settlement skills.
- Detail-oriented in a multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent communication skills with individuals from all backgrounds
- Customer-focused orientation modeling patience and empathy
- Ability to make independent decisions and use proper judgment.
- Ability and willingness to handle cases of increasing complexity and severity
- Self-motivated team player
- Ability to use several varying methods for claims investigations.
- High School Diploma required, some college preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred but not required
- Ability to interpret claim regulations from multiple states
Benefits available for full time employees
- Generous paid time off package
- Medical & Dental Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company paid STD/LTD
- Company paid life insurance