Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Salary Range: 105,205-120,986-136,766
Premium Audit & Regulatory Compliance Leader Job Summary
The Premium Audit Leader leads the function and staff of the premium audit department. The duties and responsibilities of the position extend to managing the customer-facing field operations including territory managers and vendors, along with other internal staff including leaders of the home office based auditors, processors and clerks. Collaborates with Underwriting and Sales leaders and staff on matters related to premium audit. Ensures the team’s procedures and capabilities align to the enterprise vision for the customer experience. Manages vendors providing outsourced premium audit capacity, as well as vendors providing technology solutions used in the premium audit operations.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
* Responsible for leading the function and staff of the premium audit department.
* Plans, organizes, implements, and monitors daily operations to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the premium audit function by:
- Establishing and executing appropriate policy.
-Enhancing and maintaining the customer experience.
- Educating and collaborating with business partners throughout the premium audit process.
- Maintaining regulatory compliance.
* Oversees and manages all premium audit third party vendors with regards to contracts, costs, invoice approvals, performance and quality expectations. Actively seeks new vendors to address capacity needs in specific geographies and/or customer segments.
* Oversees and sets appropriate strategy to address issues identified by various Workers’ Compensation bureaus on completed Test Audits.
* Stays current with all premium audit regulatory standards, industry offerings, and new technologies. Participates in industry networking and educational events focused on premium audit.
* Performs human capital management responsibilities including employee selection, performance management, coaching, and development. Manages priorities and workload distribution, and removes barriers that impede progress. Completes all personnel, salary administration, and reporting duties. Performs operational responsibilities that drive team performance including planning, execution, process improvement and best-practice sharing.
* Creates and maintains management reports and quality controls to monitor and manage premium audit work flow, staffing, and performance results. Establishes and maintains operating reports for premium audit for adherence to established standards, documentation of trends, and notation of deviations.
* Creates and maintains effective communication and coordination with policyholders, agents, corporate marketing, and business partners on all premium audit functions and those operations impacting premium audit.
* Performs annual business planning, workforce planning, and budgeting processes. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility.
* Travels regularly with Territory Managers and as needed in order to perform other essential functions.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
* 10 or more years of insurance industry experience in commercial lines, customer services, premium audit, and/or underwriting.
* Demonstrated experience coaching and developing direct and/or indirect reports with proven results.
* Demonstrated analytical skills with proven ability to leverage analytics, perform trend analysis, and formulate solutions to drive results.
* Demonstrated excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels in the organization.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems and provide conflict resolution with business units and customers.
* Demonstrated vendor management experience and negotiation skills.
* Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
* Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as needed.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Salary Range: US$105205.0 - US$136766.0 per year