Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.
Job Title: Performance Consultant
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Westfield Center, OH
Salary Range: $74,999 - $86,249 - $97,498
Acts as the single point of contact for talent-related needs including performance, learning, and dev elopment services provided by Westfield University. Consults with assigned business clients to identify and analyze talent implications based on business planning activities. Implements talent and organization development-related services in accordance with forward-looking talent plans for the business. Explores performance needs and brokers appropriate performance, learning, and development solutions that build organization and leader capability and drive achievement of strategic plans and business goals. Partners across Human Resources to support design, implementation, and evaluation of technical, professional, and leadership development solutions, as well as design and execution of organization development initiatives. Supports client change management needs to ensure both the technical and people-sides of change are addressed.
Essential Functions (not an all inclusive list):
1. Engages proactively with business clients, as their single point-of-contact for Westfield University, to build and evolve performance consulting partnerships and build talent management capability. This includes managing business unit expectations around talent management, learning, and development needs.
2. Partners with business clients to understand their strategic plans and business unit goals. Creates/evolves Talent Plans that enable prioritization and trade-off decisions as needed.
3. Designs, develops, and implements talent processes for Westfield. Serves as the internal subject matter expert for performance management and related development and design processes, including performance calibration, talent reviews, and related assessment, feedback, and coaching solutions.
4. Identifies technical, professional, and leadership learning opportunities, both formal and informal, as well as organization and team development opportunities, and facilitates the prioritization of these needs and requests with the client and other Westfield University (WU) stakeholders (e.g. WU Operations).
5. Collaborates with other disciplines within HR (e.g. Employee Relations, Recruiting) and Westfield University (Operations, HR Quality & Analytics and Delivery) to leverage and maximize the performance consulting model to guide Human Resources efforts.
6. Engages in change management initiatives and provides project management and/or organization design/development support to meet collective organization and individual goals.
7. Ensures diversity and inclusion is a part of all talent-related activities and brings a diversity and inclusion lens to all client interactions and solutions.
1. 5 or more years of experience in two or more of the following areas: Performance Consulting, Organization Development, Talent Management, Development Program design and execution, Leadership Coaching, Performance Management, Development Planning, and/or Succession Planning.
2. Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of management and employee population. Must possess strong consultative skills and demonstrate complex problem-solving skills.
3. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
4. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Industrial Psychology, Organizational Development, or related field or commensurate experience.
5. Previous management and/or leadership experience.
6. Proven ability to work in a team environment.
7. Demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities and multiple assignments.
8. Demonstrated leadership coaching experience.
9. Related Human Resource development designation/continuing education.
10. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to complete classroom instruction which may require multiple hours of standing.
* Ability to travel as required.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Salary Range: US$74999.0 - US$97498.0 per year