Financial Reporting Supervisor
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place.AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 11,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 14 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
This position is responsible for managing the month-end close and ensures reporting deadlines are met.
* Review the internal financial statement package for accuracy and ensure all large budget variances are thoroughly researched.
* Review the quarterly and annual statutory financial statements for accuracy.
* Plan and coordinate tasks amongst staff members to ensure statutory statements are completed on time.
* Track and complete various statutory filings to ensure all deadlines are met.
* Develop individual annual performance goals for each staff member.
* Create annual development plans for each staff member.
* Stay current on statutory accounting changes.
* Attend statutory training as appropriate.
* Represent the Corporate Accounting department at various meetings as appropriate.
* Complete assigned special projects.
* BS in Accounting
* 5+ years of experience, including private industry
* Insurance accounting experience a plus
* Prior supervisory/managerial experience
* Experience in a medium or large, fast paced company
* Experience working in a heavy deadline driven environment
* Great communication skills
* Willingness to work extra hours as necessary to complete assignments
* Successful completion of Auto Club pre-employment assessments, background and drug screenings
Our comprehensive and employee centric training facility located in Costa Mesa provides training programs to help employees acquire various skills necessary to do their jobs and to support career development.
* Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
* Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
* Life Insurance
* Disability Coverage
* 401k Savings Plan
* Employee Discounts
* Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
'Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.'
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE