Agency Sales Coordinator
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Who we are:
With over 25 years of success, National Interstate (NASDAQ: NATL) is one of the leading specialty property and casualty insurance companies in the country. We offer more than 30 product lines with a focus on commercial transportation, Alternative Risk Transfer (ART), and specialty vehicle insurance. Here at National Interstate, we believe that providing quality and commitment to our customers as well as our employees is paramount to our success. Thanks to our talented and dedicated team, we are truly able to build an insurance experience around you. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Key aspects of this role:
The primary responsibility of this position is to work hand-in-hand with the Regional Account Manager(s) (RAM) to identify, market, and aid in the sale of P&C insurance to new clients (medium to large transportation prospects) with a focus on captive products. The Agency Sales Coordinator will manage the agency pipeline by serving as the primary CRM manager, coordinate and prepare submission information for underwriting, assist with qualifying sales situations, and drive value to our insureds through periodic informational communication. An effective Agency Sales Coordinator will possess a blend of sales, marketing, and organizational skills that will accelerate and efficiently drive new sales growth in the agency.
- Create, implement and manage a formal prospecting strategy for new clients.
- Work hand-in-hand with the General Manager, Office Manager, and RAM's.
- Work to identify lead sources and create prospect lists
- Accurately and consistently capture all prospecting activities in CRM database.
- Prepare sales reports as needed.
- Assist RAM's with calling out to prospects, managing submissions, and creating activities.
- Work with RAM's to call and qualify new prospects, and ultimately close business with new captive sized clients.
- Assist in collecting, coordinating and preparing submission information for broker marketing, assist RAM's with qualifying sales situations; be able to clearly articulate to marketing and the General Manager the salient characteristics of an account and why it is worth working on. Create on-going marketing pieces to send to current insured
- Create/develop new marketing materials and ideas to generate new business
- Seek out information of value to current insureds (and prospects) and send out in a timely manner (at least monthly).
- Handle special projects/other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3-5 years of sales, process management, and/or marketing experience
- A focus on the insurance industry and in particular alternative risk products preferred
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year university or college is a plus
- Insurance designation (ARM, CPCU) a plus.