Underwriting Admin Support Associate
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Who we are:
Headquartered in Fenton, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis, Vanliner Insurance Company is a subsidiary of National Interstate Insurance Company (NASDAQ: NATL) and a leading provider of transportation insurance. We've been providing customized insurance products to the moving and storage industry since 1978. Our success is driven by the expertise, innovation and commitment to customer service that our employees provide. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Key aspects of this role:
The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide support to the underwriting process, underwriting services technicians and premium audit.
- Review Certificates of Insurance for compliance with policy forms, coverage and limits.
- Compare requested endorsements associated with Certificates of Insurance to endorsements already on policy.
- Copy policy forms and organize into appropriate order for premium audit packets.
- Pull property rate sheets and prepare property underwriting quote materials.
- Complete form entry for underwriter's review and sign-off.
- Print necessary notice forms and set up for mailing to brokers and insureds.
Skills and background we are looking for:
- Minimum two years of work experience required.
- Additional post high school education preferred.
- One to two years of insurance related experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze data, and interpret general business correspondence, periodicals and professional journals.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to learn and handle multiple tasks.
- Thorough knowledge proficiency in MS Office products.