Director, Value Realization
- Career Level
- Not Specified
This position will be responsible for leading the business case and value realization for a multiyear, $1B+ Procurement Transformation initiative.
Candidate will be responsible for building a value realization model that tracks program savings to satisfaction of the Executive Sponsor, Senior Business Leaders and Finance.
Partners with Workstream Leaders, Program Leader, and Finance to ensure that business cases are managed and updated; owns roll-up business case of Procurement Executive Leader.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated an ability to get things done through others and have a high degree of business acumen. The ability to establish strong personal credibility and build client relationships throughout the organization is needed in order to deliver client driven solutions.
- Maintains the “big picture” of how realization will be achieved in Procurement Transformation and other initiatives
- Ensure that realization risks are surfaced early, and that risk mitigation is both planned and executed in a timely fashion.
- Acts as the voice of authority on, and guardian of, initiative end states and principles; communicates them to, and interprets them for, teams involved in the execution
- Concentrates on understanding what the expected return on the investment is, and what it will take to achieve the return
Tracking and Measurement
- Ensures that installation and realization indicators and metrics are established
- Utilizes predictive indicators to mitigate risks and monitor progress toward realization
- Identifies, tracks, analyzes, and reports on the business outcomes of initiatives
Team Integration, Alignment & Risk Management
- Develops relationships with key stakeholders and works to build commitment to initiatives.
- Provides guidance and support to the initiative leaders to build commitment and address risks
- Ensure that each work stream leader understands and is working toward the transformation plan, milestones, and realization goals
- Ensure that leaders are appropriately demonstrating commitment and pushing the changes through their organizations
- Ensure that all risks to realization are well understood, that plans are established to address, and that the risk is mitigated
- Serves as a liaison to finance/FP&A groups to help remove committed savings from the budget and validate savings occur
- 7 years of experience in a consulting, finance or procurement related leadership role.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, finance or a related field
- Strong assessment, problem solving, project management and client contracting skills; prior work leading transformational change in a matrixed organization; significant experience planning and implementing complex transformation programs.
- Advanced consulting, finance and facilitation skills
- Ability to build and cultivate relationships with internal and external constituents
- Change leadership and a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Excellent communication skills, executive presence and an ability to influence in a collaborative environment
- Effective in managing competing priorities and client needs
- Team builder with the ability to develop and supervise a group of professionals while keeping production up and the team on task
- Ability to take a leadership role in identifying patterns, reframing issues, and bringing/driving clarity to the situation-with individuals and with groups
- Strategic orientation: able to clearly align work to the business strategy
- Results oriented: outcome and metrics driven; use of benchmarking and analytics to create, revise and deploy programs; strong financial and business acumen
- Change leadership: energizes and alerts groups to the need for change; willingly champions change
- Influencing skills: is able to build value based relationships and leverage them to get things done
- Prior experience in a premiere financial service and/or consulting environment