- Career Level
- Not Specified
As a Junior Planner, your primary objective will be to control the production of wireless devices coming in for repair and of the components used to repair the devices. You will be assigned projects in which you will coordinate the necessary resources (i.e. material and labor) to ensure we produce the necessary electronic devices on time to meet/exceed our customer's expectations. You will be entrusted to make critical decisions that will affect our business such as identifying what products need to be built, within what time frame and identifying the components needed to complete the tasks. You'll be expected to maintain proper controls of the inventory used to rebuild/refurbish these devices.
- Participate in development and training process to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations
- Review documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or staffing tables, to determine personnel or materials requirements or material priorities – adjust schedule as required to align with capacity and constraints
- Plan the daily/weekly production for repair based on Master Schedule requirements by requisition and maintenance of inventory materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands and goals
- Coordinate availability of material (handsets and components) for production with stockroom and receiving
- Provide accurate daily, weekly, and monthly feedback on production status (against work orders and schedules) with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Coordinate availability of production capacity with production supervisors
- Execute Materials Requirements Planning (MPR) to drive requirements for components and handsets
- Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, or customers to coordinate production or shipping activities to expedite flow of materials and meet production to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
- Analyze trends to forecast demands and plan production commitments or timetables for business units, specific programs, or jobs, using sales forecasts
- Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, or customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
- Maintain inventory turns and reduce Excess and Obsolete (E&O)
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or 3+ years of equivalent experience; or 2 years' experience in any manufacturing environment.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Great Plains and expert level in Excel (must be able to used functions like pivot tables, charts, and trend analysis)
Preferred Knowledge, Skill & Experience:
- APICS Certification preferred (CPIM or CSCP)
- Solid understanding of MRP process for driving time-phased, end-item and component requirements
- Able to read and interpret Master Schedule data and develop detailed production plans
- High energy and positive outlook
- Possess strong analytical skills and ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to anticipate and plan for unforeseen challenges
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, buyers, managers, senior management, and all other departments as required
- Able to effectively multi-task while working under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated strength with Tier One ERP: SAP, Oracle or JDE
- Demonstrated ability to influence management, teams, and individuals
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Experience with Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) best practices
- Demonstrated experience working with a high demand retail/distributor
- Results oriented with ability to react to situations with a sense of urgency
- Proven track record in the leadership of the material/production planning function
- Have MPR/ERP experience in a manufacturing/remanufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Bill of Material structures in relation to planning activities
- Working knowledge or better of Visio