Insurance Specialist IV/Lead
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Assurant Specialty Property is hiring an Insurance Specialist at our beautiful Cutler Bay, Miami, FL office. As an Insurance Specialist IV/Lead, you'll use your excellent customer service skills and your problem solving ability to efficiently and effectively respond to incoming customer inquiries and/or concerns in a high call volume environment. We are looking for an energetic person who will be responsible for providing exceptional front line customer service to our representatives, policyholders and clients. If you are a problem solver and thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment, this is the career for you!
- Serve as point of contact for escalated /Supervisor calls outside of the scope of normal representative duties.
- Utilize advanced methods to research and resolve complex issues and to answer representative questions.
- Assist with new hire training and certification.
- Follow departmental guidelines and procedures with the ability to analyze situations and use critical thinking and judgment to make difficult decisions when needed.
- Coordinate workload to ensure that service standards and deadlines are met.
- Identify, analyze and assist in developing new standard operating procedures.
- Utilize call center applications to ensure that service standards met.
- Monitor, distribute, and resolve system errors
- Understanding of IVR technology, as well as assist with system project initiatives.
- Assist supervisor with staffing initiatives as needed.
- Handle limited management functions in their absence.
- Assist in coaching and providing feedback to staff by distributing monthly quality audits and monitoring staff performance.
- Respond to high volume of inbound calls as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full time position. Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday from 8:00am to 8:00pm.Qualifications: - High school diploma or GED - 3 years of experience in customer care / insurance specialist roles in a high volume call center - Must be able to work Saturdays as needed. - Must be able to work 11am to 8pm Monday through Friday with possible overtime.
Other requirements: - Florida Property and Casualty 20-44 Personal Lines or 2-20 General Lines Agent License within 90 days of being hired Preferred Qualifications: - 1 year of experience as a team lead in a high volume call center environment - Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates should be able to speak, read and write effectively in both languages. - Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook, as well as proprietary applications including Policy Management System and other Property Solutions web based applications. - Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize. - Excellent verbal and written communication skills. - Strong time management skills. - Ability to adapt easily as procedure/client needs change. - Good mathematical skills. .