Customer Service Representative (Addison, Texas)
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Assurant in Addison-Now Hiring Customer Service Representatives
- GROUND FLOOR OPPORTUNITY-NEW DEPARTMENT
- BENEFITS FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT
- ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITY AFTER 6-MONTHS
- FAMILY FRIENDLY WORK ENVIRONMENT
- MONTHLY BONUS OPPORTUNITY
- MONTHLY PRIZE INCENTIVES
- PAID TIME OFF 14-DAYS YOUR FIRST YEAR
- NO SALES-NO WEEKENDS!
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) position has direct impact on the customer's satisfaction and experience with our company, products, and services. This role is responsible for providing superior service to our customers who have purchased extended warranty contracts for wireless cell phone handsets. Key responsibilities include verbally collecting pertinent information for the customer over the phone, determining insurance coverage on each claim, and providing the appropriate resolution based on Assurant company guidelines and values.
Successful CSRs are able to respond with empathy during difficult customer conversations, while simultaneously entering data on different screens.
Answer incoming customer calls and provide appropriate level of service and issue resolution according to company guidelines while providing a superior customer experience.
- Receive and answer customer questions and resolve concerns relating to claims, warranties, and product servicing.
- Follow standard screens/scripts as appropriate.
- Maintain and update customer account records as needed.
- Appropriately escalate customer questions and issues when necessary according to guidelines.
Assess client needs and resolve claims according to insurance policy provisions and customer service guidelines.
- Coordinate with immediate supervisor or other personnel as needed to resolve claims and issues not of routine nature.
- Gather information and examine forms, policies, and other records as provided by claimant and other agencies or resources to make appropriate determination of resolution.
- Forward suspected fraudulent and questionable claims to appropriate personnel.
- Balance workload based on business needs between paperwork and in-bound calls. Responsible for meeting deadlines and requirements.
Maintain and update product knowledge on an on-going basis and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships and support teamwork in meeting company goals.
- Understand how the Customer Service Representative role fits into the larger organizational context and actively support others in the achievement of common goals.
- Maintain professionalism with all contacts, both internal and external and treat individuals with respect.
- Participate in special projects, assume new responsibilities, and adjust priorities as requested.Qualifications
Basic Qualifications Required – Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 6 months previous customer service experience
- Ability to type 25 words per minute
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Customer Service Representative in a call center environment
- Experience moving between multiple screens while entering data
- Bilingual a plus
For thirty-five years Assurant Solutions has been there to protect consumer finances, possessions and peace of mind. Today, Assurant Solutions is a global leader in keeping consumers connected to their digital lives. With operations in 24 locations and 13 countries, the company's global team of over 5,000 employees are dedicated to delivering the best customer service experience anywhere in the world. That's why industry leading mobile carriers, manufacturers, retailers, financial institutions, vehicle dealers and funeral homes choose to partner with Assurant Solutions. From mobile devices to major appliances, from cars to computers, Assurant Solutions helps protect what matters most. Visit us atassurantsolutions.com, follow us on Twitter@AssurantMattersor like us onFacebook.
Requisition Number: 47453