Technical Support Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Are you someone who loves breaking down technical problems into solvable components? Do you have top-notch customer service and collaboration skills? Are you interested in joining a team comprised of a dynamic mix of technical support professionals who are paving the way to support the Internet of Things? If this sounds like you, we have an opportunity that may interest you.
Our Technical Support Analysts are responsible for the following:
- Provide high-quality technical support to effectively diagnose and resolve support incidents reported by external customers.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve complex issues across a wide array of internet connected devices such as mobile phones, wireless devices, Bluetooth speakers, thermostats, fitness trackers, televisions, home automation devices, personal computers, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service and ownership of technical support issues.
- Work well in a high energy, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
- Leverage a variety of resources to effectively diagnose complex technical issues.
- Possess, maintain, and seek new technical/professional expertise.
- Provide appropriate responses and expectations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in one or more technical areas; utilizing your expertise to mentor other support staff and write technical documentation for inclusion in a Knowledge Base.
- Work as the customer advocate, demonstrating expertise in support processes and functions, including escalations, complex issue resolution, and customer retention.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Technical Support Analysts may be required to perform other job related duties as directed by a member of management to meet business needs and objectives.
- 6 months experience with customer service, troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving
- 1 year of experience providing technical support in one or more of the following technical specialty areas: Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows Phones, Apple OS X, MS Windows, home networking, client / server technologies, Bluetooth, RFID, or other similar areas.
- 1 year of experience in technical support role.
- High school diploma or GED (post-secondary education preferred)
- Must be able to type 30-40 WPM.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; Associates degree a plus.
- Technical certifications from organizations such as CompTIA, Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, or other related bodies in the technical industry.
- Solid conceptual understanding of a variety of connected devices such as mobile phones, tablets, wearable technologies, home automation and lighting, smart televisions, or other related areas
- Experience working within a support organization providing phone based support to customers.
- Strong working knowledge of support services tools and applications such as CRM, knowledge base, remote diagnostic and monitoring tools, collaboration tools, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Team leadership experience in a contact center environment.
- Experience with providing training and coaching, either to customers or to internal colleagues.
- Able to collaborate, interact, cooperate and motivate across job functions and teams
- Proficiency with MS Office products