Corporate Strategy Director
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Senior Corporate Strategy Manager is responsible for supporting the development of strategy and driving necessary changes in the organization. Assist in designing and directing projects that analyze strategic alternatives in depth so that opportunities, short and long term financial implications, risks and opportunities are well understood. Work across multiple functions and businesses to identify issues and assess financial and organizational impact. Assist in making recommendations and drive organizational alignment and decision making. Assist in reviewing existing strategies across all business areas to ensure alignment with the overall corporate strategy. Provide insights and perspective on key consumer, market, technology, and competitive trends that will impact current and future strategies.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Assist in leading the discovery, solution development and recommendation design for key strategic topics including framework development and prioritization
- Develop and lead general strategy efforts for various internal stakeholder on a variety of projects and initiatives with a focus on oversight, analytical, process and content support
- Participate in the creation of senior management and Board communication presentations enabling effective communication of related strategies
- Support ongoing business intelligence, competitive tracking and best practice efforts through fact-based analyses and management reports
- Independently manage central portions of projects, identifying key issues and selecting appropriate analyses to solve problems
- Communicate hypotheses, proposed analysis and findings
- Provide strategy support for potential acquisitions, joint ventures, and divestiture opportunities
The most significant challenges for the Senior Manager for the first 12 months include:
- Learning the organization, culture and processes; gaining the respect of the business' leadership teams
- Establishing credibility with and earning the trust of key project teams
- Establishing and implementing project plans for key strategic initiatives, building internal capabilities and supporting the annual strategy review process
The successful candidate should have 7+ years of strategy/strategic planning/consulting experience gained through experience with a strategy consultancy and/or corporation. A bachelor's degree is required; and an MBA is strongly desired.
- Advanced strategic and decision making framework capabilities including hypothesis design, complex issue identification, problem solving approaches, decision frameworks; ability to design and lead complex strategy analyses
- Advanced quantitative and analytical skills
- Advanced ability to synthesize complex data and insights into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Advanced ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior management and drive alignment and decision making
- Ability synthesize marketplace insights from various sources to develop strategic direction operating priorities
- Experience leading and managing cross-functional teams
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.