Supervisor, Inventory Control - 1st Shift
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Supervisor of Inventory Control ensures the accuracy, safekeeping and timely movement of inventory throughout the site. This is accomplished through following the processes and procedures that were developed to meet internal and external customer requirements and the effective leadership of Inventory Control resources through clear and precise communications of responsibilities and goals.
- In consultation with superior and subordinate personnel as appropriate, develops short- and long- term goals and plans for areas of responsibility. (2%)
- Liaison between teams, shifts, and departments, and partner with internal and external customer. (5%)
- Ensure accurate accounting and physical control and security of all material stored in stockroom locations, of all material issued to and returned from production and of all finished goods and associated accessories. (10%)
- Supervisor cycle count process in all inventory areas and provide scheduled reporting of inventory data as well as provide ad hoc reporting of inventory data as required. (5%)
- Supervise all stockroom activities for all shifts including material stocking for component and finished goods inventory, kitting and delivery of components required for production. (10%)
- Monitor delivery of handsets and accessories for fulfillment, processing of RMA returns of defective product to suppliers (10%)
- Hires, develops, evaluates, and (when necessary) disciplines and discharges subordinates personnel or makes authoritative recommendations in such matter. Develops function-specific orientation and training programs for area personnel. Establishes standards for effective job performance and evaluates subordinates according to such standards. Delegates these responsibilities to supervisory personnel as appropriate. (10%)
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective organization for area(s) of responsibility, including: a) efficient work flow patterns; b) established performance standards; c) effective delineation of duties and responsibilities; d) suitable staffing levels; e) appropriate supervision; and f) systems for timely communication of pertinent information. (10%)
- Create and/or modify processes, in collaboration with manager, to allow for the processing and servicing of new accounts and products, as well as improving existing processes when practical and cost effective. (20%)
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment for personnel to work in while ensuring all safety and environmental regulations are followed. Support committees and programs for safety, fire prevention, disaster recovery and so forth. Ensures the development of specific plans for inclusion in these programs. (3%)
- Serves as liaison with other organizational components; establishes and maintains the working rapport necessary to develop cooperation and effectively integrate area services into the company's overall business fulfillment system. (3%)
- Receives and investigates all complaints concerning his or her area(s) of responsibility and its personnel; determines veracity of such and (as necessary) takes corrective or disciplinary action and/or prepares reply. (5%)
- Remains abreast of developments in the field(s) by pursuing a program of self-development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing pertinent literature, and so forth. Incorporates advancements when practicable and cost effective. (2%)
- Directs the preparation of records as well as recurring and special reports and analyses for area(s) of responsibility ensuring that they are complete, accurate and prepared on time. Reviews and interprets these in order to ascertain the extent to which goals are being attained. Initiates corrective action as necessary. (5%)
- Oversight of the inbound receiving of product phones and inventory as well as the outbound shipment of devices to customers for performance, quality and productivity while maintaining a safe work environment.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience as a Processing Coordinator or Inventory Control Material Processor
- Supervisory experience in a high volume manufacturing/repair environment similar to Assurant Solutions, Mobile Services, York Facility.
Expert level user of MS Excel and MS Word
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics / Great Plains a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of MRP / ERP.
- Knowledge and clear understanding of inventory control systems and processes
- Knowledge and understanding of material requirements planning
- Knowledge of inventory and warehousing processing procedures.
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, carriers, customers, and other external contacts.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of Company personnel as well as external personnel.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Highly analytical with excellent interpersonal skills