AVP, EBS Accounting
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The AVP, EBS Accounting is responsible for day to day management of one of the company's Enterprise Business Services (EBS) core cash disbursement activities. This role oversees all of the enterprise's SG&A vendor payment, T&E and Unclaimed Property processes. Key priorities for this role will include driving standardization and enhancements and cash flow optimization that translates into meaningful enterprise expense savings. Additionally this role will provide all governance and ensure service level compliance. This position will work alongside internal leadership to drive transformation, help cultivate a culture of continuous improvement, and promote ongoing learning and engagement in a fast paced F&A Shared Services environment.
- Manage and develop staff in an internal virtual team environment and oversee the operational work activities performed by a 3rd party offshore provider.
- Gather, analyze data, identify anomalies and ensure relevant resolution for vendor payment issues.
- Leader and/or technical expert in areas of responsibilities and can ensure requirements are understood and met at all times.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of effective workflow of the end to end payment processes. This includes ensuring appropriate documentation and performance/customer services standards are understood and adhered to by the EBS and Assurant staff
- Formulates policies for areas of responsibilities and secures appropriate approvals. Develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policies and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective processes.
- Understands, promotes and documents an environment of effective controls within the department. Ensures all team members understand company and regulatory requirements (i.e. SOX, record retention, audit, etc.) and are continually verifying all their actions and processes to support Assurant's values.
- Develops and administers an operating budget for attainment of agreed upon goals in accordance with approved plans.
- Maintain and enhance EBS operational metrics & related reporting
- Assist in developing and implementing strategy initiatives
- Accountable for the overall management of a cost center budget and expense allocation activities
Some International travel is required.
- 15 years of working experience in Accounting or Finance
- Experience working within US GAAP reporting environment
- BA or BS in accounting or finance
- Advanced spreadsheet skills required
- Internal control knowledge and experience with Audit and SOX
- Experience with ERP essential
- Previous management experience essential
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Ability to accomplish results through others
- In depth knowledge of financial practices
- Remote management experience a plus
- Ability to influence all levels of the organization
- Project management experience
- Problem solving and results orientation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Experience in an insurance environment preferred
- CPA or equivalent international professional accounting/finance qualification preferred
- Experienced working in a multination environment would be a great advantage
- Prior Shared Services or BPO experience is useful