Business Unit Systems Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
An exciting need for a leader, self-starter within the Claims Business team to perform business consulting, drive business architecture, requirements, test plan definition and execution, and performs core application/system maintenance and support part time. A truly unique role to drive and support transformation work changing products, productivity and efficiency projects, and business acquisition support. Preferred experience areas include Insurance Industry, Full Project Lifecycle delivery.
The Business Unit Systems Analyst II is responsible for the maintenance and support of system files, tables, or configurations used to drive the base functionality of our applications, troubleshooting problems/issues and handling projects ranging from moderately to highly complex in nature or projects supporting corporate initiatives. The Analyst's primary role is to support the department's systems and staff by recommending and implementing system enhancements that promote efficiency, compliance, and growth.
- Core Project Delivery
- Leads, defines and documents detailed customer functional & IT system requirements to include use cases and current/future business process definition with a high level of complexity.
- Leads testing plan definition and requirements for moderately to complex projects involving interfaces with sub-systems. Constructs and executes test plans for complex requirements and design validation
- Coordinate production implementation and deployment for business user community with IT to include defined impacted role areas, targeted communication and training material creation, training delivery/support, and post-implementation support.
- Ensure IT understanding of requested modifications of complex projects, and the accuracy of their technical specification documents.
- Governance & Project Prioritization
- Quantifies improvement opportunities into business case cost / benefits
- Interpret high-level Claims Business, compliance and financial needs/requests for complex projects into scope, objectives and high level requirements for complex projects.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Independently identify and document opportunities to improve or gain efficiencies within our business processes and system applications
- Identify trends/patterns; facilitate and/or conduct root cause analysis; recommend solution alternatives. resolve complex, non-routine problems and issues
- 4 years business analyst experience
- 3 years basic project scoping, planning and status-ing experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively perform system support duties.
- Understanding of Agile methodology
- Experience working with SQL database
- Ability to learn new applications and equipment.
- Ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions and communicate actions.
- Keen observation skills to interpret and document complex workflow processes.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and work independently or as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks.
- Strong communicator, writer and deliverable creator that works to develop strong relationships with internal and external business customers, IT, Infrastructure, vendors and partners
- Intermediate to Expert level requirements, business process, and testing skills
- Intermediate to Expert Project manager/coordination planning, organizing, doing work, and status
- Bachelor's degree: Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management, or equivalent work experience
- Prefer certification in one area: Six Sigma, Business Analyst, and Project Management.
- Prefer Insurance industry and Policy & Claims Management Systems experience