VP, Strategic Business Development
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The VP, Strategic Business Development manages and directs Connected Living's line of business towards its primary growth objectives based on revenue and profit. The VP, Strategic Business Development has oversight of Business Development team with the goal of closing new business deals with prospective or assigned existing clients that are key to driving profitable growth. Leads execution of sales strategies that successfully achieve revenue goals across existing and new product lines consistent with the Company's strategic plan.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
Strategic Business Development
- Develops and communicates the strategic vision for the business including long range goals that tie into the organization's goals and support the product value proposition, market drivers, sales prospects and competitive impact.
- Negotiates key deals and contractual agreements with key prospects to ensure profitable, long term financial arrangements.
- Identifies opportunities to improve business processes to impact to result in increased sales effectiveness and performance
- Ensures execution through follow-up as well as inclusion in business board meetings. Designs and facilitates business meetings and strategic discussions for governing bodies within the organization.
- Performs ongoing sales analysis including performance towards sales plan, product performance and channel performance; holds team accountable to delivery of plan.
- Monitor sales volume, product mix, selling price, supply and demand trends, economic indicators and competitor's sales strategies to enhance the company's sales success
- Develops internal and external Lifestyle sales communication strategy aligned with Assurant's communication team
Build Organizational Talent
- Leads retention and training strategy to recruit, hire, develop and manage a world-class global sales organization.
- Lead Account Executive teams to drive CL Client Management strategies and initiatives which will develop talent through a combination of consistent role expectations, product line learning modules as well as education of key industry trends.
Leading Internal Teams
- Fosters and promotes an internal personal network of both peers and other executives to gain their input and support on the business objectives.
- Establishes and maintains a working rapport necessary with other departments or business leaders to develop cooperation and effectively integrate client expectations into our service delivery.
- Multiple cost center budget responsibility
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Requires 10+ years of Mobile/Carrier experience delivering solutions directly with C-Suite
- B.S./B.A. degree; M.B.A. or equivalent advanced degree strongly preferred
- 7+ years related professional work experience including proven track record of executing on sales goals and leading teams,
- 7+ years or more in successful strategy planning and consulting, new product development, brand/product management experience or equivalent
- 7+ years demonstrating broad knowledge and understanding of products, services, processing, systems and operations
Up to 50% Travel
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Ability to set strategic vision for the organization
- Proven track record of creating a clear view of the future state that mobilizes people to focus efforts and work toward key goals
- Ability to Build Organizational Talent - puts together the right people in the right roles and creates teams and/or organizational structures to support high performance and advance Assurant's business objectives
Role/ Job Specific Responsibilities
- Knowledge of and past use of innovation and new product development tools and stage gate process
- Has managed work activities to reach a desired business objective on time, within budget and according to specifications.
- Demonstrated the ability to communicate effectively at the highest levels of the organization
- Proven ability to think strategically and innovatively
- Experience successfully developing and implementing new profitable products and /or businesses