VP, Global Client Management
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The VP of Global Client Management is responsible for leading the client management team within Connected Living to maintain and expand our client relationships. The VP identifies and deploys key strategies and initiatives to promote entanglement and engagement with the existing client base across a variety of product lines. This client facing role works across the organization to ensure that Assurant's service delivery exceeds client expectations and drives a superior customer experience. Additionally, supports the SVP, Connected Living and the VP Strategic Business Development in creating business strategies, short-term and long-term, externally with the client and internally with client management team. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The workload and program oversight responsibilities are very significant.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
Client Relationship Management – External
- Develops relationships with key clients to help drive growth of existing business. Guides and directs Account Executive teams to deliver a consultative approach with the client by understanding the client's and Assurant's overall objectives. Aims to strategize with the client regarding opportunities to grow the business and engage the client in areas that would provide entanglements. Includes client face to face visits and direct consultation with client base to enhance the relationship by better understanding their needs.
- Ensures any service gaps are addressed quickly and effectively and in situations of conflict with the client, leads the management team(s) to resolution looking to accomplish a win-win situation. Measures client satisfaction and uses findings to identify and address areas of opportunities as well as build upon success stories.
- Negotiates key deals and contractual agreements with key clients to ensure profitable, long term financial arrangements.
- Serves as a liaison between the different organizational departments of Assurant Solutions and our clients to drive client satisfaction and operational efficiencies. Develops relationships and opportunities with all client departments (operations, legal, compliance, etc.) at all levels of the organization.
Leading Internal Teams
- Responsible for the communication and prioritization of client needs within the business to ensure we execute on client commitments and provide a best in class client experience. Provide leadership and direction to other departments within the organization as it pertains to communication or projects with the client. Serves as a liaison with internal organizational departments as well as with the client.
- Establishes and maintains a working rapport necessary with other departments or business leaders to develop cooperation and effectively integrate client expectations into our service delivery.
Strategy development and execution
- Ensures execution through follow-up as well as inclusion in business board meetings. Designs and facilitates business meetings and strategic discussions for governing bodies within the organization.
- Helps to identify key cultural, behavioral and skill gaps relative to strategy execution and consults with senior leaders about means to address the gaps.
- Drives ongoing communication to Account Executive teams on differing topics to set a vision and show tactical steps to achieve that vision.
Build Organizational Talent
- Lead Account Executive teams to drive CL Client Management strategies and initiatives which will develop talent through a combination of consistent role expectations, product line learning modules as well as education of key industry trends.
- Managing up to 30 Account Executives
- Multiple cost center budget responsibility
- Requires 7+ years of Client Relationship Management experience in Mobile/Carrier Industry
- B.S./B.A. degree; M.B.A. or equivalent advanced degree strongly preferred
- 7+ years related professional work experience leading teams,
- 7+ years or more in successful strategy planning and solutions consulting
- 7+ years demonstrating broad knowledge and understanding of products, services, processing, systems and operations
Up to 50% Travel
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Financial Services or Insurance industry business experience preferred
- Ability to set strategic vision for the organization
- Proven track record of creating a clear view of the future state that mobilizes people to focus efforts and work toward key goals
- Ability to Build Organizational Talent - puts together the right people in the right roles and creates teams and/or organizational structures to support high performance and advance Assurant's business objectives
Role/Job Specific Competencies
- Knowledge of and past use of innovation and new product development tools and stage gate process
- Has stayed abreast of developments in the fields of product design and development, project management direct marketing, sales and service, and technology
- Has managed work activities to reach a desired business objective on time, within budget and according to specifications.
- Demonstrated the ability to communicate effectively at the highest levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a department of product development specialists
- Proven ability to think strategically and innovatively
- Experience successfully developing and implementing new profitable products and /or businesses