- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Learning & Performance team supports the Assurant business by fostering a culture of engagement, growth& performance at the individual, team, and organizational levels. The team designs and deploys learning and development strategies which will enhance people, processes and performance and enable Assurant to achieve its business objectives and maintain its competitive advantage. The Learning & Performance team focuses on providing diverse learning & development experiences at each stage of a person's career at Assurant, offering world-class programs that accelerate talent development and organizational performance to support the achievement of Assurant's business strategy.
The Senior Facilitator will report directly to the Director, Employee & Performance Learning and will serve as an integral member of the Assurant Learning & Performance team. The Senior Facilitator is primarily responsible for delivering complex and sometimes subjective content using multiple modalities to Assurant associates and leaders.
The effective Senior Facilitator will spend his/her time in roughly the percentages below:
Learning Delivery 65%
Maintaining SME Expertise 15%
Facilitator Preparation 10%
Peer Observation and Feedback Delivery 5%
Project Management (SME, Lead Facilitator, TTT, etc) 5%
Demonstrate effective facilitation skills so that learners retain content and transfer skills to the job.
- Support multiple programs across business units
- Possess specialized functional knowledge to drive proficiency, performance, and results for the business function
- Monitor participant progress and instructional program effectiveness
- Establish and maintain a learning environment to actively and freely promote learner engagement and participation.
- Deliver learning through multiple modalities (including in-person, virtual, social, and other emerging modalities) to new hire employees and existing employees
- Facilitate complex and sometimes subjective subject matter
- Lead group activities, facilitate discussions using adult learning theories, embrace conflict in discussion and use as a tool for learning.
- Deliver leadership development content to front line leaders
- Remain current on Assurant technologies, processes and procedures; effectively communicate into the learning environment
- Create a learning environment that replicates the job environment while motivating learners to acquire new skills.
- Ensure that all materials are available and that the classroom is setup properly.
- Create an environment that fosters creativity and innovative learning in order to accommodate various learning styles and needs.
- Remain current on trends in adult learning and facilitation.
- Oversee the administrative aspects of running a learning event
- Act as leader for day-to-day management of learning site
- In partnership with Learning Delivery Manager, oversee classroom schedule and ensure balanced classroom utilization for facilitation team
- Facilitate participant completion of Level 1 evaluation instruments.
- Effectively manage internal client relationships and work effectively across the business.
- Drive change and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills, presentation skills, feedback and coaching skills in a complex and ever changing environment.
- Demonstrate and support an environment of professionalism, performance and knowledge application.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Observe facilitator of peers and provide coaching and feedback
- Participate in learning and performance projects, as assigned
- Track training events using LMS technology
- Partner with the instructional design team to produce effective Train-the-trainer strategies
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience in a Fortune 500 organization in a learning and development function.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 plus years facilitation experience
Other Skills and Competencies:
- Results Oriented: Must be metrics driven utilizing benchmarking and analysis to create, revise and reshape ASP instructional programs.
- Communicates Effectively: Expresses thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner and provides information to others in way that considers the needs of the situation and audience.
- Plans and Organizes: Manages work activities to reach a desired business objective on time, within budget and according to specifications.
- Strong Collaborator: Seeks the opinions of others and engages colleagues, managers and employees to create buy-in, specifically when consensus cannot be reached.
- Influencing Skills: Is able to build value based relationships and leverage them to get things done.
- Experience facilitating in a classroom and virtual environments
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience in a Fortune 500 organization in learning and development function.
Travel: 10 – 25%