Business Systems Analyst IV
- Career Level
- Not Specified
You are a passionate Business Analyst - You understand that effective solution development requires going above and beyond. You take pride in making a lasting impression. Your current position has limitations and you seek a bigger job with a bigger impact. Your job search has many options but you want to distinguish the jobs from the true career opportunities… which one is truly going to allow you to shine?
The Business Systems Analyst IV contributes broad experience and a high level of expertise in multiple business processes and multiple systems functionality. This lead position provides technical expertise and team leadership on major, complex initiatives. The position may have responsibility in giving work direction, mentoring or in providing input to employee reviews for junior Business Systems Analysts. On project assignments of high risk and complexity, the position leads, directs activities, and participates in requirement definition, research, analysis, testing, reporting, training, and documentation.
Manages the customer and vendor relationships and acts as IT liaison during project and problem resolution activities; maintains and supports a broad range of business processes and related systems; provides strategic advice for business processes and solutions; collaborates with business stakeholders to define and document business requirements and with technical staff to develop solution alternatives. Mentor peers with less experience within the analytical and/or project management area of role. (40%)
Acts as Project Manager on moderate to complex projects; understands and applies the system development methodology; responsible for project management and business analyst deliverables including cost benefit analysis, proposals, charters, requirements, vision documents, project plans, risk and mitigation plans, resource and financial plans, as appropriate; communicates status, business impacts, system and scope changes to team members, business partners, sponsors, management and stakeholders; coordinates issue tracking and resolution. Leads and mentors junior analysts in business analysis, project management and appropriate system development methodology. (25%)
Manages testing activities for project and maintenance assignments; provides guidance for testing strategies, scope and scenarios; reviews and provides advice for testing-related estimates of effort, duration and resource utilization; prepares and reviews test plans; identifies testing risks and contributes to the overall management of project and risk and mitigation plans; coordinates, manages and participates in complex testing efforts. (20%)
Provides support to customers and other IT areas for assigned business applications; analyzes and identifies and/or resolves complex system problem logs; works with business and technical staff to perform effective root-cause analysis and resolution; leads implementation support activities; directs and participates in training support activities such as documentation authoring and preparation, training preparation and delivery or follow-up. Gathers, compiles, interprets and summarizes systems and business process changes; maintains system support tables. (15%)
- 6+ years of progressive Business Systems Analyst experience in an Information Technology environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to understand and have a high level of expertise of application landscape, e.g. capabilities, strategies, governance, integration points, application and/or vendor roadmap.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of business areas as well as project team roles, such as analyst, tester, documentation writer, trainer, team lead or mentor.
- Ability to analyze complex business problems, perform root cause analysis, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction.
- Ability to communicate and present professionally both orally and in writing to senior level management, team members, business, and technology professionals.
- Possess working knowledge to estimate, plan, schedule, organize, coordinate, and execute activities.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities, while meeting stakeholder expectations.
- Aptitude for continuous learning of new skills, industry trends, new technology, and regulatory environments that add value to projects and assignments.
- Possess sound coaching, mentoring, and training skills.
- Ability to manage projects or support responsibilities involving systems environments of major risk and complexity.
- Ability to lead system testing cycles, issues tracking and resolution.
- Ability to deliver results on time and within budget.
- Ability to develop and manage strong working relationships with business sponsors, business partners, technical staff and vendors.
- Possess thorough understanding of test planning, analysis and techniques required to support system development.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the manual and automated business processes for the business units supported.
- Ability to facilitate and present training on major to complex business processes.
- Ability and is responsible for applying Assurant standards, policies, and procedures.
- Proficient with business systems design, modeling, documentation, analysis techniques, and testing methodologies.
- Possess working knowledge of project process re-engineering approaches and techniques.
- Possess in-depth knowledge and experience in project management processes, including: project planning and tracking principles; project risk and issues identification, assessment, tracking, and mitigation.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a project team, handling assignments of high complexity. In a team setting, the individual will generally hold a leadership role and will provide input or deliver feedback for team member performance appraisal.
- Ability to lead or coordinate activities with team members and business partners at multiple sites.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business discipline
- Familiarity with systems and/or data content for systems supported
- Business Systems Analysis and/or Project Management certification
- Proficiency in the capabilities, features and limitations of system development tools or methodologies (e.g., SQL, Agile)