Facility Associate II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Facility Associate provides prompt and courteous response to customer and tenant requests relating to building operating issues. Any issues relating to HVAC, lighting, plumbing or electrical service. Operate Building Automation System to maintain building operating systems at peak performance and efficiency.
- Provide prompt and courteous response to all tenant requests within the guidelines set for the maintenance department.
- Assist in the daily operation of the facility HVAC systems and related equipment to provide effective and efficient environmental control to the facility.
- Assist with the preventive maintenance and repairs on all mechanical equipment, including HVAC, UPS, and elevators.
- Make adjustments and changes to the HVAC and related equipment to maintain current comfort levels.
- Complete daily work request as assigned through 360 CMMS.
- Perform general repairs; assist with the maintenance and replacement of all building components as needed.
- Participate in and follow all current emergency procedures, assist with the evacuations, life safety alarms, and inclement weather alerts as necessary.
- Perform other functions as assigned by management
- Requires basic knowledge of OSHA regulations such as PPE, equipment safety, safety hazards etc
- 1+ HVAC and building maintenance experience.
- High School diploma or GED
- Requires a working knowledge of repair to building systems.
- Requires proficiency in the use of various power tools and grounds maintenance equipment such as snow blowers and lawn mowers.
- Requires basic knowledge of OSHA regulations such as PPE, equipment safety, safety hazards etc..
- Requires the ability to monitor weather forecasts and adjust HVAC equipment accordingly to conserve utility consumption and maintain comfort levels.
- Requires the ability to operate computer equipment and facility management software systems.
- Knowledge and Skills, hand and power tools and basic computer skills
- Requires good oral and written communications skills to follow instructions and perform assigned duties.
- Requires the ability to efficiently execute work orders and assigned tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Lifting weights up to seventy-five pounds, physical activities and/or strength, mobility, manual dexterity and agility required to perform the job effectively.
- Use hand and power tools and maintenance equipment effectively.
- Stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, or feel.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance occasionally on ladders.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Talk or hear.
- Working near moving mechanical parts;
- Working in high, precarious places; potential exposure fumes or airborne particles with proper personal protective equipment,
- Some loud noise exposure with the proper personal protective equipment.
- The job incumbent provides various maintenance services relating to the enhancement/improvement of building systems and safety operations.
- The job incumbent must work in a collaborative manner with a variety of departments to fulfill requests and ensure a safe and comfortable working environment. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to perform physically demanding tasks such as snow shoveling and heavy lifting of furniture and equipment.
- The employee must also understand the spoken word and respond verbally.
- The employee must be able to understand the written word and must be able to respond in kind.