Full-stack Web Developer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
As an ASP.NET MVC Full-stack Web Developer, you will be responsible for helping to execute and facilitate the activities within the team. The successful developer can interpret vague customer requirements, responsively formulate action plans and rapidly implement simple, sustainable, scalable and secure solutions, with high quality. The developer is there also to support the customer in all infrastructure related aspects, from managing incidents to improving operational efficiency.
This role requires a person who is highly flexible, quick thinking, and motivated. This is a position that requires strong organizational skills and creative thinking to accomplish assigned tasks. Frequent and consistent communication is a must to ensure that team members are aware of current status and to monitor and resolve potential blocking issues. The ability to prioritize multiple tasks, balance workloads across team members to increase efficiency and meet deadlines is critical.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
Web Product Planning & Delivery & Front End Development:
- Develops and manages web development and support procedures, tools, and documentation. This includes writing scope documents, managing source code, and developing technical support standards and procedures.
- Serves an advisor to internal stakeholders and ad hoc project committees. Works closely with business leads and project managers to coordinate information and activities.
- Tracks and tests new technology and new techniques. Establishes procedures to support research and development activities to determine the suitability of new technology and procedure
- Assists with plans, procedures, and activities to support business recovery when problems occur. This task includes such things as backup and restoration procedures, vendor agreements, data retention and restoration planning.
- Stays current with technological developments and best web practices, which involves reading publications, subscribing to Internet lists, attending conferences and workshops, and meeting with colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience as a front end web developer
- 8+ years of technology experience.
- 5+ years experience in Coding C# / ASP.NET / ASP.NET MVC
- 5+ years experience with design patterns and best practices
- 5+ years of delivering high quality services.
- 3+ years Web API
- Ability to realize and implement Design Comps into a aesthetically pleasing web experience.
- Ability to design and develop for responsive web applications.
- Proven past experience of the ASP.NET Web API stack
- Team player, confident, independent and enthusiastic
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft products, software lifecycle methodology and information systems development and support.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects.
- Ability to work with multiple projects at the same time, strong documentation skills, and a methodical approach to problem resolution are critical to succeed in this role.
- Proven experience working with the ASP.net framework, utilizing a .NET CMS- preferably Telerik Sitefinity
- Comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices
- Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture and design
- Ability to lead development effort from start to launch
- Experience with agile/scrum
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of: Effective Web design, Web development, web programming languages, Web technology, and a variety of software is required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive development concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our users
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- You bring a strong work ethic, a relentless focus on the customer, demonstrated experience delivering the needs of the business, an unencumbered mind and experience building simple and intuitive interfaces for complex applications across multiple sectors (ecommerce, retail, SaaS, B2B, B2C) and devices - desktop, tablet, mobile (web & apps)
- You are metrics and outcome driven.
- You drive continuity and consistency in development across a range of devices and customers groups to ensure we exceed the customer's expectations and meet the business's goals
Travel/Shift work: 5% Travel to (but not exclusive to) UK, Brazil, Canada, Latin America
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of: Relational database management, graphic design, information architecture and client management; budget and other financial documents to maximize department resources and maintain control over expenditures
- Four years of technical experience working with Web applications, Web design, enterprise applications and relational databases.