Sales Associate - Inside
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Alfa Vision / Alfa Specialty Insurance based in Brentwood, Tennessee, is one of the leading private passenger nonstandard to mid-market auto carriers. We are A rated by A.M. Best and currently have a Inside Sales Associate opportunity open reporting to the Inside Sales Manager/Marketing.
The Inside Sales Associate position will be responsible for establishing and maintaining agency relationships within the assigned territory. The candidate must meet or exceed objectives for premium and growth, new agency appointments and non-producers conversion goals. Also included are creation of strategic call planning, collection and dissemination of critical data and agency production and profitability management. Provide assistance to VP of Sales, RSM(s) and TSM(s) as assigned by the Inside Sales Manager (ISM). Assist with telemarketing special projects and web conference campaigns as assigned by the ISM.
Principal Accountabilities / Duties:
- Meet or Exceed goals for production and profitability by maintaining consistent telemarketing contact with each agent/prospect based on current status.
- Utilize “needs satisfaction” selling techniques (ISP) to change agent behavior and increase usage of our products.
- Identify top five competitors in assigned territory.
- Address any NSF and unearned commission collections issues with agents in assigned territory and agency management identified to ensure profitability goals are met.
- Participate in telemarketing special projects as identified by VP and ISM.
- Collection and entry of critical data in ACT including follow up activities.
- Create formalized reports to track and demonstrate effectiveness of daily telemarketing efforts, special project telemarketing and web campaigns.
- Occasional travel to assigned territory as needed including attendance of state conferences.
- B.A. or B.S. or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 4 years of non-standard auto insurance experience required either in Underwriting, sales, Product or a combination. Prior knowledge of Claims would be helpful but not required.
- The ability to prioritize and organize work is mandatory in order to meet/exceed daily/weekly call average goals.
- Superior oral and written communications skills are required.
- Previous telemarketing and/or inside or outside sales experience, insurance agent license in property and casualty preferred due to extensive agency communications.
- Intermediate skill sets in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access necessary.
- Knowledge of AS400, RightFax, Outlook, ACT and Cognos helpful.
- Ability to problem solve, overcome objections, identify issues, suggest and implement resolutions.
We are looking for candidates with the following characteristics:
Team player, enthusiastic, driven to succeed and self-motivated, accountable to monthly, quarterly, and annual production and profitability goals. Candidates must have excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
What We Will Offer:
Competitive compensation and full benefits program
Apply for Sales Associate - Inside
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly