- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Software Engineer analyzes requirements and designs, codes, tests, installs and maintains application systems, programs, functions, services and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of moderate to high complexity.
Analyze requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate to high complexity and risk
- Gather, organize and document data and requirements from various stakeholders and constituencies according to given direction and standards
- Participate in design consultations with hardware and software technicians
- Develop, document and present design solutions and supporting rationale
Design/develop system, application and program code according to business and technical requirements
- Identify and recommend software and infrastructure components required to implement technical solutions
- Identify and recommend solution objects, functions, interfaces, dependencies, and integration points
- Convert basic specifications into equivalent infrastructure and application software structures
- Adhere to Assurant change management requirements for application and system implementations
- Analyze conditions, consult with experienced personnel and propose strategies that minimize implementation risk and /or improve system reliability and performance
- Perform root cause analysis and defect correction as indicated by test results
- 3 years of increasingly responsible professional experience with Software (SW) Engineering
- 2 years of experience with Java programming
- Knowledge of development concepts for Windows and Web-based Services
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Analysis skills for technical problems and solutions of moderate to high risk
- Knowledge in mainframe and/or client/server and n-tier development principles including understanding of Object Oriented modeling, analysis, design and programming
- Documentation skills to translate requirements into specifications for program objects, functions and systems.
- Programming skills in targeted languages and utilities for the mainframe and/or distributed environments
- Bachelor's degree. Preference in CS, with concentration in Software Engineering or MIS, CIS, etc.