Business Systems Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Business System Analyst is responsible for the maintenance and support of system files and tables used to drive the base functionality of our applications, troubleshooting problems/issues and handling projects ranging from moderately to highly complex in nature or projects supporting corporate initiatives. The Analyst's primary role is to support the department's systems and staff by recommending and implementing system enhancements that promote efficiency, compliance, and growth.
1. TECHNICAL EXPERTISE AND PRODUCTION SUPPORT:
• Conduct the SOX Audits on the System Access files/tables.
• Provide production assistance and support – resolves system issues.
• Support remote Access Users.
• Enter moderate to complex changes to databases, subsystems and user-maintained tables that impact reports and interfaces to other systems.
• Develop and provide complex adhoc reports and comparisons.
• Train and provide guidance to lower level Analysts and peers with less experience on moderate to complex system changes and processes.
2. ANALYSIS/SOLUTION GENERATION:
• Identify opportunities to improve or gain efficiencies within our system applications and/or the department.
• Research and resolve moderately complex problems and issues based on documented policies, procedures and standards.
• Independently research, report and implement fixes for moderate and complex problems.
• Implement temporary solutions to problems when appropriate, and recommend system solutions alternatives.
• Assess impact of proposed business solutions on current systems and procedures.
• Ability to identify priority issues and determine which issues can be handled within the authority of an Analyst and being able to discern those issues requiring direction from a higher authority.
3. PROCESS ENGINEERING:
• Analyze moderately complex processes, interface and sub-system problems for adap¬tive or corrective changes.
• Document existing and new business processes and workflows with moderate to high levels of complexity.
• Display solid knowledge of detailed project process re-engineering approaches and techniques.
• Data Mapping of complex files and records resulting from the corporative initiatives that involve system integrations, business acquisitions, and assumptions.
• Comply with corporate and departmental policies.
4. REQUIREMENTS DEFINITION:
• Interpret business, compliance, and financial needs for moderately complex projects, with little or no background information or foundation.
• Lead monitored supervised customer sessions and interviews.
• Gather, analyze/research, and formulate data and process flows for projects with moderate to high levels of complexity.
• Write business requirements for moderately complex projects, including the defining of scope and objectives.
• Ensure IT understanding of requested modifications of more complex projects, and the accuracy of their technical documents.
• Define and document detailed, functional business requirements, including systems scope and objectives for moderately complex projects.
• Maintain SOX deliverables in the Forms Repository and conduct SOX audits on the System Access files/tables.
5. TESTING, DEBUGGING, TEST MANAGEMENT, QUALITY ASSURANCE:
• Determine testing requirements for moderately complex projects involving interfaces with sub-systems.
• Design/Draft test plans for moderately complex with expected results based on the modifications and design
• Manage development and execution of test plans throughout project life cycle for projects with moderate to high levels of complexity.
• Identify, research, document, report and communicate any defects resulting from moderately complex projects.
• Produce agreed upon deliverables on time, within estimates, and without error.
• Fully support established standards and testing guidelines.
• Timely retest and document the corrections made for defects.
6. PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
• Display detailed knowledge of project management principles and apply Company approved methodology.
• Manage projects that are of moderate complexity that may cross-departmental lines, prioritizing and coordinating activities of project team members independently.
• Identify project issues, and communicate progress and obstacles to sponsors and/management.
• May direct and/or guide work of less experienced participants.
• Contribute to the definition, planning, coordination, execution, and status reporting for projects of any size.
• Resolve conflicts.
• Handle multiple small to medium projects, concurrently.
• Develop plans for project tasks, including scheduling and coordinating activities of other team members to produce deliverables.
• Anticipate problems, develop contingency plans and recommend solutions for project issues.
• Demonstrate ability to lead/coordinate large projects (greater than 500 hours) independently.
7. IMPLEMENTATION: 15%
• Coordinate production implementation efforts with User community and IT.
• Communicate implementation timelines and tasks.
• Develop the User Documentation and Training material.
• Train the trainers and/or impacted associates.
• Post-implementation audits/reviews.
8. CUSTOMER LIAISON, RELATIONSHIP BUILDING, AND COMMUNICATIONS: 8%
• Build rapport and working relationships with associates from other departments and our business partners.
• Participate in management of customer expectations.
• Communicate effectively in writing.
• Speak effectively.
• Actively show understanding of what another says before giving own ideas.
• Provide client support to higher profile clients as assigned.
• Create atmosphere conducive to success.
9. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
• Apply new knowledge rapidly.
• Continuously seek opportunities for professional development.
• Actively participate in knowledge exchange interdepartmentally and across teams.
• Demonstrate quality, attentiveness and attention to detail in all work activities.
• 5 years business of analyst experience.
• 2 year of Project Management experience
• Requires knowledge of a variety of applications including mainframe systems, Microsoft suite and Rational tools.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively perform system support duties.
• Ability to learn new applications and equipment.
• Ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions and communicate actions.
• Keen observation skills to interpret and document complex workflow processes.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and work independently or as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
• Green Belt Certification or Business Analyst Certification a plus.