Business Systems Analyst II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The primary role is to support systems and staff by recommending and implementing system enhancements that promote efficiency, compliance and growth. In addition, contributes expertise in business processes and system functionality. This includes coordinating activities or team members on maintenance and project assignments of medium to high risk and complexity and includes the performance of activities such as requirement definition, research, analysis, coordination, testing, training and documentation.
- Acts as the customer/IT liaison during analysis requirements definition and design activities.
- Maintains an understanding of a broad range of business/technical processes and all related systems.
- Understands and applies the system development methodology.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to define and document business requirements, and assist technical staff with design of the final solution.
- Provides a single point of contact between business units and IT teams.
- Coordinates activities on project assignments with medium risk and includes the performance of activities such as requirement definition, research, analysis, coordination and documentation. (depending on the Business Unit needs, it may include testing & training)
- Participates in root cause analysis of business problems and applies business knowledge and practical experience to recommend system, product enhancements or other appropriate actions to improve productivity for both the business and IT units.
- Understands the core business objectives, project implementation process, structure and capabilities of the systems involved in the project implementation.
- Interacts with internal project team members to design mutually acceptable solutions.
- Based on the Business Unit's need, may assist testing activities when needed.
- Works with different teams to estimate and plan requirements.
- Manages the SDLC deliverables including, but not limited to scope, business requirements, system requirements, functional requirements and UAT testing process.
- Ensuring proper operational support transition to impacted business teams after implementation.
- Communicates project status, business impacts and system changes to project members and Manager.
- Performs maintenance tasks based on Business Unit needs.
- Subject Matter Expert – help others navigate through process and methodology effectively.
- Ability to estimate, plan, schedule, organize, coordinate, and execute activities.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to management, team members, business and technology professionals
- Ability to analyze business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction.
- Ability to apply broad business knowledge and practical experience to the analysis / solution generation process.
- Ability to perform system testing cycle, issues tracking and resolution.
- Training and facilitation skills.
- Ability to deliver results on time and within budget.
- Ability to be adaptable to a variety of project team roles, such as analyst, tester, documentation writer, trainer.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with business sponsors, business partners and technical staff.
- High level of expertise in a variety of application and business areas.
- Continuous learning of new skills that add value to projects and assignments.
- keenly analytical, able to switch effortlessly between business and technical terminology, self-motivated, able to learn quickly, able to multi task, able to meet deadlines, and has a fanatical work ethic.
- understanding of object oriented software development, design patterns, data structures, algorithms, SOA principles, web-services, and SQL
- 2+ years of Business Systems Analyst experience in an Information Technology environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business or with an emphasis on Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics is preferred
- Excels in the following business applications: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Project, and Visio Process Flows.
- Requires excellent communication, analytical and negotiation skills; Excellent oral, writing, and presentation skills to effectively communicate technical information to internal and external project teams.
- Good analytical skills, self-motivated, strong work ethic, ability to switch effortlessly between business and technical terminology, learn quickly, multi task and meet deadlines.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
- Bi-lingual: Spanish or Portuguese
- Experience in the technical and business project implementation