Sr Compliance Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Position is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of an ongoing, internal compliance audit program covering multiple client and vendor relationships and multiple functional units. Ensures that organization is in compliance with government regulatory agency requirements, contracts, agreements and standards. Develops and leads specialized, targeted audits requested by business and/or clients. This is an individual contributor role but in absence of the manager, may be responsible for daily administrative duties and providing oversight to work of specialists and analysts. This position will report to the Compliance Manager. This position will be available as a virtual location position.
- Develops and performs compliance audits based on client, regulatory and internal requirements, and provides corresponding measurement and reporting for Operations leadership.
- Documents Hazard processes through the use of standardized tools (e.g. SIPOC, process maps, time studies, etc.).
- Analyzes records, reports, regulations and operating practices and issues reports on compliance adherence.
- Responsible for the performance of quantitative and qualitative research to further support audit findings and process improvement activities, including root cause analysis. This may include defining, measuring and analyzing process capability and recommending improvements based on root cause analysis.
- Participates in and leads client teleconferences where regulatory controls are reviewed.
- Creates, approves and presents final audit findings to all levels of staff, including Senior Operations leadership.
- Effectively communicates regulatory issues to Operations leadership in order to ensure regulatory compliance adherence
- Performs targeted and ad hoc audits
- Identifies process improvements within department
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities, and staff
- Mentors specialists and analysts in their audit responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of insurance, mortgage or financial services experience or Masters in related field with auditing experience
- 3-5 years knowledge of auditing duties or operations to be audited, knowledge of data analysis and improvement tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory compliance governing the mortgage, insurance and/or financial services
- Highly proficient with MS Office applications, Visio
- Requires the ability to work with large spreadsheets, databases and word processing programs.
- Able to Plan and Implement an Audit, Collect and Verify Audit Evidence, Compose Findings and Conclusions, Prepare Final Audit Report
- Be able to travel approximately 10% of the time.
- Six Sigma certification or experience with structured process improvement
- Internal auditor certification preferred (IIA, CIA)