Senior Software Engineer (.Net)
- Career Level
- Not Specified
You are a passionate Sr. Software Engineer - You understand that effective solution development requires going above and beyond. You take pride in making a lasting impression. Your current position has limitations and you seek a bigger job with a bigger impact. Your job search has many options but you want to distinguish the jobs from the true career opportunities… which one is truly going to allow you to shine?
The Senior Software Engineer analyzes requirements and designs, codes, tests, installs and maintains application systems, programs, functions, services, and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of high complexity. The position provides leadership, technical guidance, and mentoring to others in areas of acquired expertise.
- Analyze requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of high complexity and risk
- Design/develop system, application and program code according to business and technical requirements
- Participate in quality assurance and testing to achieve quality objectives
- Implement solutions
- Provide system support
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of the business operations and strategic imperatives of Assurant
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 4 years' experience in client/server and n-tier development principles including understanding of Object Oriented modeling, analysis, design and programming
- 4 years' experience with development languages and their related utilities and/or experience with major distributed technologies, relational database technologies and/or Windows and Web-based Services
- 4 years' experience documentation skills to translate requirements into specifications for program objects, functions and systems.
- 4 years' experience estimating cost, effort and duration of product deliverables of high complexity
- 4 years' experience analyzing technical problems and delivering solutions of high risk
- 4 years' experience programming in targeted languages and utilities for the mainframe and/or distributed environments
- 4 years' experience with quality assurance and testing procedures, processes and techniques employed within areas of technical specialty
- 4 years' experience with concepts, tools and processes used for estimating, tracking, managing and reporting work
- 1+ years' experience training, mentoring and share knowledge in both individual and group settings
- Completion of Bachelor's degree in MIS, CIS, etc.
- 4 years' experience with T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Agile, JQuery, AngularJS, SOA, TFS, Octopus Deploy, GIT and Excel VBA skills a plus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Requires the ability to actively contribute to developmental processes both independently and within collaborative group settings.
- Requires the ability to act as a technical resource to department personnel and other members of the organization to address and resolve inquiries and/or problems related to assigned job functions.
- Requires an understanding of business/operational goals and the ability to create implementations that successfully integrate into company operations.
- Requires the ability to demonstrate broad experience across computing platforms, languages, and utilities and effectively apply cross-discipline principles in design solutions.
- Requires the ability to analyze issues, deal with ambiguity, and make sound, timely decisions with less than complete information.
- This position contributes to organizational success by providing quality mainframe and/or distributed system software products consistent with defined business requirements and technical specifications as developed independently and in collaboration with other personnel.
- In a team setting, the position will generally hold a technical leadership role. Additionally, the position is expected to provide mentoring support to less experienced personnel.
- For highly complex assignments, work activities may be coordinated and directed by more senior personnel but technical assignments will generally be accomplished independently, based on demonstrated achievement in required skill areas. Tasks may involve the delivery of work products for either the mainframe or distributed application environments, or both, depending on area(s) of technical specialty.
- The job incumbent must perform duties under pressure in a fast-paced, high volume, office work environment.
- Active advancement toward one or more job-centric industry certifications
- Knowledge of project management best practice processes and technique
- Awareness of Assurant defined development and systems architecture standards