Financial Analyst III
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Sr. Financial Analyst leads the financial planning and analysis processes with the Mortgage Solutions business leaders. Their deep business knowledge enables them to help the business leaders improve the operational and financial effectiveness of their business. He/She will manage the monthly analysis and reporting of business results by conducting financial and operational analysis of all available data. They effectively present the results for their analyses and recommendations to management.
Areas of Accountability:
- Analyzes the monthly P&L results at the account level detail against prior month and the Plan. Identifies key drivers of fluctuations.
- Creates monthly reports at varying levels of detail for the various business leaders and other Finance functions.
- Analyzes operational and financial data and interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project future performance. May make recommendations such as adjustments to budgets and forecasts and other cost improvement measures.
- Develops and maintains reports for forecasting, trending and results analysis.
- Uses various applications, such as spreadsheets, dashboards and databases, to assemble, manipulate and format data or reports.
- Assists in identifying and tracking cost and revenue metrics and projections to evaluate the business results.
- Participates in finance and business meetings to obtain relevant information and assist management with evaluations and making decisions on business matters.
- Demonstrates critical thinking by calling out assumptions and identifying root cause. Thinking outside the box.
- Leads the Planning and Forecasting processes for the business. Prepares easy to understand materials to deliver plan to the business leaders and senior management.
- Updates and provide month-end, quarter-end and year-end reports to various functions.
- Presents results and explain causes of variances to Finance Management and Business Leaders.
- Proactively escalates areas of concern related to the business' ability to meet their budget.
- Reviews costs and performs cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5 years of financial analysis experience
- Ability to build data models, quickly manipulate data and conduct financial analysis
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience creating PowerPoint presentations for various levels of management
- Ability to create easily understood reports with little direction.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively communicate financial results throughout the company.
- Strong influencing skills with business leaders who are at senior levels
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize various projects
- Travel up to 25% depending on varying business needs
- Masters degree, CFA, CPA and other financial certifications