Supv, Operations - Weekend shift
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
• Ensure adherence to company policies and process standards, while maintaining employee morale and overseeing the training of new and existing staff
• Work with manager to establish department and company goals and rely on experience, judgment and innovation to achieve them
• Drive process improvements and coordinate new model introductions
• Act as liaison between teams, shifts, supervisors and departments, and partner with vendor / customer / client representatives
• Monitor inventory of materials and equipment while facilitation capital equipment procurement and maintenance service calls
• Accomplish supervisory and human resource objectives such as hiring, performing performance reviews and mentoring / coaching and disciplinary actions
• Meet production operational standards by implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying process improvements
• Meet production financial standards by controlling and minimizing production expenses
• Monitor production performance and ensure all daily shift production reports are completed on time.
• Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures while complying with legal regulations
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
• High school diploma or GED required
• Minimum of 5 years in a leadership / supervisory experience in a related field
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
• Associates degree in related field of equivalent experience
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
• Intermediate to mediate math skills
• Strong PC skills (spreadsheets, databases, etc.) and familiarity with label printers and bar code scanners
• Strong interpersonal skills including, effective oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel as well as external personnel
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and able handle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Must be able to sit and or stand for long periods of time
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: http://www.assurant.jobs
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)