- Career Level
- Not Specified
RLI Transportation seeks to hire an Accounting Specialist to work in house with its Transportation department in our Atlanta, GA office.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines, with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Under frequent supervision, supports the administration of the company's accounting functions. This may include supporting the monthly closing process by posting journal entries and ensuring users of Lawson have the proper company accounting unit and account permissions to make entries in the system, reconciling and remitting payables, preparing various bank and balance sheet reconciliations. Analyzes various statements sent to external contacts. May prepare financial statements and administer financial reporting.
Duties may include some or all of the following:
- Performs various month end closing procedures
- Reconciles and remits payables
- Reconcile and post receivables
- Analyzes various statements sent to external contacts
- Perform various bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitors and responds to internal and external contact requests
- Ability to use analytical methods in accounting processes to find workable solutions.
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations to management on accounting matters.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts on accounting matters.
- Ability to use accounting software to summarize and analyze large amounts of data.
Requires an associate's degree in accounting or a related field and 6-12 months of experience in a similar field or positionJob LocationAtlanta, Georgia, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular