Vice President, Casualty Claims - Eastern Region
- Career Level
- Not Specified
- Supervises claim handling professionals in the adjusting and managing to conclusion litigated and nonlitigated commercial general liability, personal liability, excess and umbrella liability, and environmental claims. Matters may have significant exposure, either expense or indemnity, and cases of extreme complexity especially as it relates to coverage.
- Review/audit claim files for appropriate handling and documentation.
- Uses metrics to manage claim professionals, analyze and report on trends, and make recommendations regarding business strategy.
- Reports to Claim Senior Vice President, interfaces and interacts with insureds, senior claim management, underwriters, and insurance brokers. Apprises senior management of trends in litigation and reports monthly on related claim activity.
- Assigns claim files to reporting claim professionals in accordance with their abilities and development goals.
- Reviews and approves work product of reporting claim professionals relative to investigation, coverage evaluation, and resolution of claims, including drafts of coverage position letters.
- Insures that exposure is recognized and that claims are promptly evaluated and appropriately reported internally and externally.
- Mentors reporting claim professionals to: work closely with counsel to strategize an early resolution of cases utilizing creativity and technical skills, negotiate independent of counsel when necessary to effectuate settlement among the carriers in multi-party litigation, work with counsel and mediators to encourage participation by all parties in the settlement process, assign to and direct investigation by independent adjusters including securing documents, obtaining statements and scene photographs.
- Lead reporting claim professionals in implementing company and department initiatives.
- Leadership and management of claim professionals.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of claim and legal concepts and principles.
- Use of metrics to manage claim professionals, analyze and report on trends, and make recommendations regarding business strategy.
- Knowledge of computer software products such as, but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn and use on-line claim systems.
- Familiarity with standard policy forms and ability to apply them to claim-specific issues.
- Customer service oriented.
- Familiarity with claims requirements in states nation-wide, with a concentrated knowledge of in the Eastern and Central time zone states including but not limited to Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, New York, New Jersey, and Texas.
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree required.
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing claim professionals. Experience in using metrics to manage claim professionals, analyze and report on trends, and make recommendations regarding business strategy.
- 15+ years of actual Claims experience including managing claim litigation.
- Some travel is required primarily to attend mediations and settlement conferences.
- State adjuster license(s) a plus.
Apply for Vice President, Casualty Claims - Eastern Region
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly